Saudi Arabia's state airline is suspending flights to and from Toronto from next week amid an escalating row over human rights.
Many Saudis went onto suggest that Canada should mind its own business in handling their local crisis, or help the indigenous women of Canada instead of interfering in Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia has apparently threatened a 9/11-style aircraft attack on Canada in an astonishing tweet.
"Very alarmed to learn that Samar Badawi, Raif Badawi's sister, has been imprisoned in Saudi Arabia".More news: Florida school shooting suspect shouted 'kill me' hours after taken into custody
In the meantime, the Saudi Ministry of Media tweeted they shut down the account until an investigation in the complaints finalised.
Last week, Canada's Ministry of Foreign Affairs expressed concerns over the arrests of seven Saudi civil society activists.
Responding to the Saudi move to freeze trade and expel the Canadian ambassador, Ottawa said, "Canada will always stand up for human rights in Canada and around the world, and women's rights are human rights".
KSA gave the Canadian ambassador 24 hours to leave the country, in an abrupt rupture of relations over what it slammed as "interference" in its internal affairs.More news: Sakkari into Silicon Valley tennis final
While there were no official comments by the Canadian government on the post, the image was widely shared by Canadian and western media.
Canada has said it is "gravely concerned" about the arrests and has called for those detained to be released immediately.
Officials said on state television that there are more than 12,000 Saudi students and family members in Canada, and that many will be transferred to other countries, including the United States.
According to Thompson Rivers University figures, there are 2,839 global students enrolled, nine per cent of which - 256 - are from Saudi Arabia, which makes up the third-most contingent of students at TRU, behind India (22 per cent; 625 students) and China (30 per cent; 852 students).More news: Malaysia: Indonesia returns yacht at centre of graft probe
- US sports mogul makes offer to buy Arsenal
- SpaceX's brand new, recyclable Falcon 9 rocket launches again
- King James and other celebrities have the best responses to Trump's trolling
- Baby boy dies after being pulled from water near Brooklyn Bridge
- 'Gilligan's Island Crew': 7 puppies rescued from uninhabited Canadian island
- Transfer: Vidal sends message to Bayern Munich after joining Barcelona
- Real Madrid target Juventus star as a replacement for Modric
- German couple convicted for selling son online for sex
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 9: up to 1TB storage, all-day battery
- Minecraft Movie Delayed As Director Rob McElhenney Exits