The operatives pulled out of the national assembly after the news broke that Lawal Daura, director-general of the DSS, was sacked by Acting President Yemi Osinbajo.
Buhari plans to seek a second term in the February 2019 presidential vote but the loss of influential figures and divisions within his party could cost him support from powerful patronage networks and among voters.
"These are delicate times for Nigeria and all lovers of democracy and the rule of law must be extra watchful lest anti-democratic forces take advantage of all we have worked hard to build", Abubakar said.More news: US sports mogul makes offer to buy Arsenal
This was according to a statement by the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to the Vice President, Laolu Akande.
"Mr. Daura has been directed to hand over to the most senior officer of the State Security Service until further notice", Akande said.
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has reacted to the blockage of National Assembly entrance by security operatives, describing it as a disgrace to Nigeria's democratic process.More news: New Jersey Woman Pays It Forward, Picks Up Keith Urban’s Wawa Tab
"Mr Daura has been directed to hand over to the most senior officer of the State Security Service until further notice".
Meanwhile, the Senate President Bukola Saraki had announced his decision to hold a world press conference on Wednesday (tomorrow) at 12 noon.More news: Dead fetus reportedly found on plane at LaGuardia Airport
- ‘The Bachelorette’ makes choice, and its Garrett Yrigoyen
- SpaceX's brand new, recyclable Falcon 9 rocket launches again
- Hurricane Hector barrels towards Hawaii
- Elon Musk says he's considering taking Tesla private
- German Federal police evacuate part of Frankfurt Airport following security alert
- PCB announces players central contracts for 2018-19
- Two elderly men 'escape' nursing home to attend German heavy metal festival
- Arsenal's Stan Kroenke to buy out Alisher Usmanov for sole ownership
- 'Gilligan's Island Crew': 7 puppies rescued from uninhabited Canadian island
- Did Saudi Arabia Just Threaten Another 9/11 Attack on Canada? Well, Kinda