They were outplayed by England, who controlled possession excellently, won the breakdown battle and were more composed in defence.
New Zealand's Sevens rugby team celebrate victory in the Sevens World Cup at the AT&T Park at San Francisco, California on 22 July, 2018.
Legendary Edward Rombo, who is also in San Francisco posted on his Facebook page: "Sad end to a promising day but our "spirits" will not be broken off the pitch".
The triumph takes the Blitzboks into the championship quarter-finals, with their next game against Scotland scheduled for 3.32pm San Francisco time on Saturday (12.32am SA time on Sunday morning).
Molia then grabbed a second try moments later, burrowing over from close range to cap a dominant start. England closed the gap again with Ruaridh McConnochie palming off defenders to cross in the corner.More news: Breath Of The Wild DLC
It mattered little though, with Regan Ware and Ravouvou finding the line after the break to give New Zealand an unassailable 22-12 lead before Alosio Naduva crossed for a consolation try for Fiji.
New Zealand held an early 5-0 lead before former NRL star Semi Radradra ran in 40 metres to give Fiji the lead.
The All Blacks Sevens will face England in the final later today after the English stunned South Africa 29-7 in the first semifinal.
England coach Simon Amor admitted however his side had been unable to reproduce their best form in the final.
"It's massive", captain Tim Mikkelson said.More news: Trump slams currency manipulation by Brussels & Beijing
"We came here expecting to be amongst it and really wanting to be World Champions - that is the stuff you dream about".
With just hours remaining for Fiji's first game at the Rugby World Cup Sevens, coach Gareth Baber knows how important it is that the team deliver this weekend.
Wales player Tom Williams suffered a tournament-ending injury in the attack which Welsh players described as "unprovoked".
Despite the silverware, it was still ninth place out of 16 competing teams after they had been knocked out by Ireland in the first round of the World Cup proper.More news: Neymar Issues Anguished Defence Of His World Cup Theatrics
- Multiple victims in Toronto shooting
- Rory hits back at Butch - I’m no robot - Ireland
- Neil Armstrong's private collection goes to auction
- Nowitzki returns to Dallas for record 20th National Basketball Association season
- Jurgen Klopp gives details on Joel Matip injury
- Woods shoots 66, in contention at British Open
- Francesco Molinari wins The Open to claim maiden Major
- Court tosses de Blasio's lawsuit against oil companies
- Boris Johnson launches attack on Theresa May's Brexit plan in British Parliament
- Tekashi 6ix9ine Robbed and Kidnapped After Filming a New Video