He is Leicester's fourth signing of the summer after Ricardo Pereira, Jonny Evans and James Maddison.
Ward's spell at Huddersfield Town helped the club win promotion to the Premier League. Image PA Images
Speaking in an interview quoted by Sky Sports, Sturridge said: "I see myself staying at Liverpool, hopefully being part of the team week in, week out".
A Wales global, Ward's addition will bring plenty of competition to City's senior goalkeeping ranks as he joins fellow 'keepers Kasper Schmeichel and Eldin Jakupović in Claude Puel's squad ahead of the new campaign.More news: Mobile extends its barely-useable free roaming data to more countries
Ward has made three senior appearances for Wales, including the 2-1 victory over Slovakia at the European Championships in France back in 2016.
Sources had told ESPN FC that Ward, capped four times by Wales, had a realistic chance being Liverpool's No. 1 goalkeeper this season after Loris Karius' errors in the Champions League final in May. The 25-year-old had been due to start in Liverpool's friendly match against Blackburn Rovers on Thursday night, but has since been withdrawn as talks between the two clubs progress.More news: Records galore for Pakistan in ODI at Bulawayo
This would leave Ward in a good position as Leicester's number one goalkeeper and he has already shown he has a huge amount of ability as he got Huddersfield promoted in the 17/18 season. "Preseason preparations have started well for us and with Danny joining the group, it will give us even more competition in the squad, which is crucial for us ahead of what will be another very competitive Premier League campaign".
It was reported today that the Foxes had agreed a deal with the Reds to bring former Aberdeen keeper Ward to the King Power Stadium.More news: Flags, flowers greet first Ethiopia-Eritrea flight in 20 years
- Cloud-driven Microsoft crosses $100bn revenue for first time
- Pakistan to tour England for ODI, T20I series before World Cup 2019
- Former FBI Director Comey on Twitter: vote Democratic
- Tour de France 2018: Former champion Vincenzo Nibali abandons after freak crash
- RAMPAGE IN GERMANY: Knifeman 'WOUNDS 14' in BUS ATTACK
- Trump Slams Rate Increases By Independent Federal Reserve
- Memphis man steals date's auto , goes on another date
- Waitress bodyslams man after he grabs her bottom
- Tiger plays down fitness concerns, encouraged by Open start
- 'Ready to Go' With Tariffs on $500B of Chinese Imports