Knox won the Irish Open two weeks ago on links and is in good form. Anyone who hits fairways this week is a bomber. "I've hit 3-wood, 3-iron and 4-iron off the tee", Johnson said.
Forget obvious favorites. Sixty-year-old Bernhard Langer is a 500-1 shot.
Watson, who had won the last of his five Open titles in 1983, missed a putt to win the title that year then lost in a play-off to fellow American Stewart Cink.
That said, distance is everything at Carnoustie this year, which Woods discovered when he arrived Sunday.More news: Trump reveals details of planned Air Force One makeover
Harrington believes experience will be key this week with Carnoustie playing extremely hard and fast following a lengthy dry spell in Scotland.
Woods has said that it has been fantastic to see how Carnoustie, the course of this year's open, hasn't changed during his career and added that he has missed playing and competing at the oldest major championship in golf. "There's no flawless strategy that eliminates risk".
Woods, who is four off equalling Jack Nicklaus's all-time majors record of 18, said even to be back competing at an Open represented a small victory. "The real interesting test is how we're going to manage our way around the golf course".
"Sitting here being a major champion, winning the green jacket, it just shows the hard work and dedication that not only I had, but my team and my wife had. Even hitting sometimes four and five irons, they've been running 50, 60 yards".More news: Wild video shows Las Vegas police pursuit, shootout with suspects
But when asked whether the Open - played on links courses - was his best chance for more silverware, he said: "Yes, because you don't have to be long to play on a links golf course".
The three-time victor of the Claret Jug added: "Look what Tom Watson did at Turnberry in 2009 at the age of 59".
"I think I've got experience of playing this type of golf course", he said.
"You get to places like Augusta National where it's just a big ballpark and the golf course outgrows you, unfortunately".More news: Watch Rami Malek Transform Into Freddie Mercury in New 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Trailer
As the pros roll into Carnoustie, are you team Tiger or pro-Phil? He was T32 at the Masters and missed the cut at the U.S. Open. Koepka picked Shinnecock with one caveat: "Just by a smidge", he said.
- Galaxy Note 9 official press render leaked
- Obama gives Trump sharp rebuke in Mandela address on values
- Kim defends Kylie against people saying she's not 'self-made'
- Liverpool make €70 million Alisson swoop
- Raptors Could Be In 'Driver's Seat' To Trade For Kawhi Leonard
- Woman arrested for 'biting off another woman’s nose in drunken rage'
- Trump strikes back at critics of Helsinki summit with Putin
- Novichok victim 'picked up perfume bottle containing deadly nerve agent'
- Trump says ready to help some North Atlantic Treaty Organisation states buy USA arms
- Chennai Shocker: Minor girl raped by 17 men in apartments