Some are said to have fallen ill while others were bleeding from their ears. People were still being treated as a replacement plane was sent to finish the journey Saturday morning. However, most of the 184 passengers said they slept on the floor or on camp beds in a terminal building used by American military charter flights going through Germany.
Over 30 passengers were hospitalized, with some complaining about bleeding from their ears, after a Ryanair flight plummeted 28,000 feet in less than 10 minutes on Friday, according to authorities and flight tracking software.
Minerva Galvan, a Spanish passenger, accused the airline of abandoning them at the airport.
They said they heard a "sudden bang" and the "air became cold" as oxygen masks fell from the ceiling and they thought they were "done for".More news: Raptors Could Be In 'Driver's Seat' To Trade For Kawhi Leonard
Around 30 passengers were admitted to local hospitals with complaints of earaches and headaches, according to local media reports.
"It was that moment we were plummeting that we were thinking, 'This is it, we're going to die, '" said Brownlee.
"Luckily I didn't have ruptured eardrums, however there's a severe build up of fluid, mainly blood, behind my eardrums, which will take a number of days to subside", passenger Conor Brennan told The Irish Times.
"They really displayed a shocking lack of empathy for their customers, nearly bordering on inhumane", he was quoted as saying. Among the 189 passengers on board, some reportedly bled from their ears.More news: Kim defends Kylie against people saying she's not 'self-made'
Oxygen masks were deployed and a "controlled descent" was initiated.
Ryanair said a plane had left Frankfurt to Zadar on Saturday morning.
However there was a shortage of available accommodation around the airport.
In a statement, Ryanair said passengers were provided with refreshment vouchers and hotel accommodation was authorised.More news: People now want French and Croatian presidents to fall in love
"Ryanair sincerely apologised for any inconvenience", added the spokesperson.
- As Amazon slashes prices, Bezos sees jump in wealth
- Watch Rami Malek Transform Into Freddie Mercury in New 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Trailer
- Batwoman Series In Development At The CW
- Obama gives Trump sharp rebuke in Mandela address on values
- Galaxy Note 9 official press render leaked
- Manchester United kick-off pre-season training in America without Alexis Sanchez
- Trump strikes back at critics of Helsinki summit with Putin
- Novichok victim 'picked up perfume bottle containing deadly nerve agent'
- Liverpool make €70 million Alisson swoop
- 'COUPON CARL': Woman says CVS manager called police over wrong coupon