World Emoji Day 2018
New food emojis will arrive as well, like mangoes, lettuce, cupcakes and mooncakes.
Apple today took the opportunity on World Emoji Day to share that it will be adding no fewer than 70 new emoji to most of its platforms this fall, with the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac all gaining the icons.More news: Sacha Baron Cohen denies Sarah Palin's allegations about new TV show
In a time when nearly every day is some sort of a weird holiday, including such stand-outs as National Lumpy Rug Day and National Ampersand Day (yes, these do exist), would you be surprised to find out that there's also World Emoji Day?
"As always, some of the most vocal requests for new emojis are about representation, and this update delivers some of the most common requests". There's also a new emoji for bald people.More news: Trump late for meeting with Queen Elizabeth II
In addition to the new hair options, Apple's upcoming update brings new new smilies including a frozen face, puppy-dog eyes, a party whistle face and a smiling face with three hearts surrounding it. That makes something like iOS 12.1 the most likely option. As expected, these emoji designs were created based on approved Unicode 11.0 characters, which we shared earlier this year.More news: U.S. Intelligence Chiefs, Current And Former, Fire Back At Trump
- Actor Rita Bhaduri passes away at 62 in Mumbai
- Cher and Meryl Streep stun at Mammia Mia premiere — Blue carpet glamour
- Britain's May wins parliament vote after bowing to Brexit pressure
- Brushing Russia probe aside, Trump, Putin lay groundwork for future talks
- Trump calls European Union foe on eve of Putin summit
- Tiger Woods: I thought I might never play the Open again
- Brexit vote: Government defeats EU customs union bid
- Las Vegas hotel sues mass shooting victims
- The Women's World Cup Is Less Than a Year Away
- Agent Hints Key Chelsea Target Could Be Joining Liverpool, Bid Expected Today