Environment Canada's weather advisory also warned of the damage that can occur during severe conditions.
Environment Canada has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for London-Middlesex, Chatham-Kent, Leamington, and Windsor-Essex.
Environment Canada has issued a heat warning for Toronto and most of southern Ontario. Gusting winds can send objects airborne, damage buildings, knock down power lines or snap tree branches.More news: Donald Trump praises Queen as ‘beautiful’ in Piers Morgan interview
Some of these thunderstorms may be severe with torrential rain, damaging wind gusts, and large hail possible.
A heat warning is also in effect for the Sunshine Coast, Howe Sound and Metro Vancouver.
In Port Alberni, where high temperatures are expected to reach the mid-30s, the Port Alberni Shelter Society is providing water and places to cool down, and executive director Wes Heweitt is asking people to watch out for each other.More news: Putin summit brings end to frosty US-Russia relations
Those who may not have air conditioning are encouraged to go to a shopping mal or public library, as "even a few hours spent in air conditioning can help your body stay cooler when you go back into the heat".
Environment Canada is expecting the storms will diminish and pass through by this evening, but not before ushering in some potentially unsafe weather.
The agency is also reminding those in the area not to leave any person or pet inside a vehicle for any period of time. With the humidity, the temperature Monday will feel more like 40 C.More news: 13 injured after lava flies through roof of Hawaii tour boat
- Nathan Fillion went and made an Uncharted fan film
- Former Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams has 'explosive' thrown at his home
- Amazon's much-hyped Prime Day runs into snags swiftly
- Unai Emery speaks out over Aaron Ramsey future
- May bows to pressure from Tory Brexiteers over customs plan
- Roku's wireless speakers are just for its TVs
- Amazon Prime Day starts with technical glitches
- Eight rhinos die after move to a new park in Kenya
- Maria Butina: Feds charge Russian national for acting as covert Kremlin agent
- LeBron James to miss USA Basketball minicamp