PRINCE Charles and Prince William reportedly left the Queen to meet Donald Trump on her own after they refused to take part in his tour of the UK. This time though, the Queen sat with Trump for alone a half-hour tea and there was no royal member playing the role of a chauffeur. "Usually she is accompanied by someone from the Royal family", said the insider.
Both Prince Charles and Prince William had good relationships with the previous US President, Barack Obama.
Prince Charles has often accompanied the Queen following the retirement of Prince Philip, 97, from royal duties in August past year.More news: Putin Was 'Extremely Strong and Powerful' in Denying Election Interference
The Whitehall official said that while the monarch will do her duty, the wider family were not as ecstatic as they were when the Obama's visited.
Trump's visit was not a state visit, and other sources at Buckingham Palace and Downing Street told the Times that the plan had always been for Trump to meet exclusively with the queen, and denied the report that the refusal to meet with Trump was an intentional rebuke. Prince Harry also had private engagements.
Now Donald trump went to Helsinki to meet with Putin.More news: The Women's World Cup Is Less Than a Year Away
Queen Elizabeth II greets Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India in the Blue Drawing Room in the Blue Drawing Room at The Queen's Dinner during the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) at Buckingham Palace on April 19, 2018 in London, England.
With Trump's United Kingdom meeting was greeted with protests, the public can't help but compare it with Obama's.
'There was never a suggestion that other members of the Royal Family would take part'.More news: U.S. Intelligence Chiefs, Current And Former, Fire Back At Trump
- Sacha Baron Cohen denies Sarah Palin's allegations about new TV show
- Brexit tensions as Tory rebels back a second referendum
- Oddsmakers believe Raptors are favorites to land Kawhi Leonard
- Assad forces move to secure Syria-Israel border zone
- Brushing Russia probe aside, Trump, Putin lay groundwork for future talks
- Amazon's Prime Day Launch Experienced Some Technical Problems
- Thousands of police deployed ahead of Champs Elysées parade
- Cher and Meryl Streep stun at Mammia Mia premiere — Blue carpet glamour
- Trump calls European Union foe on eve of Putin summit
- Tiger Woods: I thought I might never play the Open again