The issues began as soon as the Prime Day sales opened, at 3pm ET on Monday, July 16.
This week's labor protests underscore a growing challenge for Amazon: It is facing increased scrutiny over its hiring and labor practices at a time when it is looking to add thousands of new warehouse workers and growing at breakneck speed. FILE- In this August 3, 2017, file photo, Myrtice Harris applies tape to a package before shipment at an Amazon fulfillment center in Baltimore.
Thanks to Prime Day, the Bose QuietComfort 25 Wired headphones for Apple devices are available for $125, down from its original $299 price tag.More news: Donald Trump praises Queen as ‘beautiful’ in Piers Morgan interview
If problems do persist, it's expected that an update will be shared by the official Amazon Help social media channels within the hour.
Prime members will have access to more than one million deals, including discounts on Amazon's Alexa-enabled products, like the Echo, Fire TV and Fire Tablet.
Even though Amazon says it sold more during the first hour of this year's event compared to last year, it remains to be seen whether or not the site's technical difficulties will significantly impact its overall Amazon Prime Day results for this year.
Prime Day 2018 is officially underway for shoppers, hours after the United Kingdom deals already started circulating.More news: LeBron James to miss USA Basketball minicamp
Packages move along a conveyor belt at the Amazon.com Inc. fulfillment center in Robbinsville, New Jersey, June 7, 2018.
Prime Day is also a way for Amazon to keep its subscribers on board. Online furniture seller Wayfair introduced Way Day in April, becoming its biggest revenue day ever. Sure, Amazon gets to flex its muscles over the retail industry and juice sales numbers.
Customers who aren't interested in signing up for the $119 annual Prime membership, or who are frustrated with the site's initial technical problems, can check out other retailers.More news: Amazon's much-hyped Prime Day runs into snags swiftly
- Rusty's Forecast - Evening storms diminishing, cooler weekend ahead
- Manchester United Eyeing Gareth Bale in the Future
- Netflix stock is plummeting after it missed subscriber targets by nearly 1M
- Official photo released from christening of Prince Louis
- Former LSU star Alex Bregman named a Home Run Derby participant
- 13 injured after lava flies through roof of Hawaii tour boat
- Netflix shares dive after disappointing quarterly results
- Rooney ‘delighted’ with win in debut, hopes for more game time
- Google Phone app forwards spam calls to voicemail
- Clinton trolls Trump ahead of Putin summit with World Cup tweet