Hogan, now 64, was originally inducted into the Hall in 2005.
The Hulkster is back in the WWE Hall of Fame. POSTMEDIA
A fellow WWE Hall of Famer, five-time WCW champion and one-time heavyweight champion, Booker T agreed that Hogan deserves a second chance, saying on his radio show that "the only thing Hogan can do is apologize and atone for it and we move forward".
Following Hulk Hogan's three-year suspension that left him without employment in the WWE, the legendary wrestler was reinstated and couldn't be happier. The feeling at Extreme Rules was that Hogan is back with the company and Charly Caruso noted on the Extreme Rules Kickoff pre-show how everyone was excited for Hogan to be back with the WWE family. Additionally, Hogan is said to have made a formal apology to the WWE locker room for his comments that were leaked in 2015.More news: Tens of thousands of France fans celebrate World Cup at Champs-Elysees
After a three year absence from WWE following the release of a racist and profanity laden tape, Hulk Hogan is officially back in WWE.
Hulk Hogan is back in WWE...well, sort of.More news: Republicans back arming toddlers in Sacha Baron Cohen's hoax
The WWE terminated its contract with Hogan in response - although, at the time, his lawyer said he resigned. Take this as pure speculation for now as it would be odd for Hogan to make his big WWE return at Extreme Rules rather than an episode of Raw or even at SummerSlam next month but crazier things have happened in pro wrestling.
Following the news, he is now once again a member of the WWE family, and a WWE statement revealed that after many apologies and attempts to rectify the situation, Hogan has learnt his lesson.More news: How To Make Sure That Prime Day Deal Is Really A Deal
Johnson said that they could have filmed footage at Sunday's Extreme Rules but he can't confirm that for certain.
- Demi Moore Surprise Guest at Bruce Willis Roast
- Luka Modric says Golden Ball ‘bittersweet’ after FIFA World Cup 2018 defeat
- Clashes, road accidents mar World Cup celebrations in France
- French World Cup celebrations marred by deaths, injuries
- Amir of Qatar & President of France talk during World Cup Final
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho blunt in his assessment of Raheem Sterling
- Olivia Colman as Queen Elizabeth in The Crown season 3
- Prime Day's biggest bedding deal is now online
- Justine Greening calls for second Brexit referendum
- Lyon president admits Liverpool could still sign Nabil Fekir this summer