Zsa Zsa's 15 minutes in the limelight are over: the copiously drooling English bulldog named the World's "Ugliest Dog" just weeks ago has died. "I'm in shock still", she told CNN sister network HLN.
On June 23, Zsa Zsa won the World's Ugliest Dog contest at the Sonoma-Marin Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds in the San Francisco Bay Area community of Petaluma, Calif.More news: 2nd semifinal starts under roof at Wimbledon
After she was made top ugly dog, her family said: "We are so excited for her; she deserves this".
"He woke up this morning and found her passed away", said Brainard, who called Zsa Zsa's death "devastating". "I haven't even processed her winning and fame".More news: Mexico's killer quake revealed unknown temple built inside a pyramid
As we noted about the annual contest, its organizers say that it's meant to show how lovable and unique all dogs are, regardless of what some people might view as imperfections. "We were all saying our goodbyes".
The English bulldog was reportedly named after Hungarian-American actress Zsa Zsa Gabor.More news: Drake says Will Smith wins 'In My Feelings Challenge'
After Ms. Brainard adopted her, Zsa Zsa spent her days lounging around, refusing to do much of anything unless food was involved. The dog had previously been rescued from a puppy mill in Missouri when she was 5 years old, according to the newspaper.
- Russian Federation ready to invest up to $50bn in Iran's oil sector
- Meghan, Duchess of Sussex joins The Queen for second balcony appearance
- Serena to face Kerber in her 10th Wimbledon final
- Chelsea set to announce Maurizio Sarri with contract signed at Stamford Bridge
- Milwaukee Bucks Forward Jabari Parker Hosts Pickup Game In Local Park
- Trump says he feels 'unwelcomed' in London, blasts mayor Sadiq Khan
- Wimbledon Mens Singles Day 12: Djokovic value against tired Nadal
- SC slams Centre for 'lethargy' over protection of Taj Mahal
- Chelsea sack Antonio Conte 7 hours ago
- Shaqiri having medical ahead of £13m Liverpool move