Zsa Zsa's 15 minutes in the limelight are over: the copiously drooling English bulldog named the World's "Ugliest Dog" just weeks ago has died. "I'm in shock still", she told CNN sister network HLN.
On June 23, Zsa Zsa won the World's Ugliest Dog contest at the Sonoma-Marin Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds in the San Francisco Bay Area community of Petaluma, Calif.More news: 128 dead following blast at Pakistan election rally
After she was made top ugly dog, her family said: "We are so excited for her; she deserves this".
"He woke up this morning and found her passed away", said Brainard, who called Zsa Zsa's death "devastating". "I haven't even processed her winning and fame".More news: British divers not heroes, just relieved, after rescue
As we noted about the annual contest, its organizers say that it's meant to show how lovable and unique all dogs are, regardless of what some people might view as imperfections. "We were all saying our goodbyes".
The English bulldog was reportedly named after Hungarian-American actress Zsa Zsa Gabor.More news: Mexico's killer quake revealed unknown temple built inside a pyramid
After Ms. Brainard adopted her, Zsa Zsa spent her days lounging around, refusing to do much of anything unless food was involved. The dog had previously been rescued from a puppy mill in Missouri when she was 5 years old, according to the newspaper.
- Trump says he feels 'unwelcomed' in London, blasts mayor Sadiq Khan
- Anderson, Isner in second-longest Wimbledon singles match
- HTC to launch its blockchain smartphone later this year
- Shaqiri having medical ahead of £13m Liverpool move
- Milwaukee Bucks Forward Jabari Parker Hosts Pickup Game In Local Park
- Kenya ranked third most innovative country in Africa
- Chelsea set to announce Maurizio Sarri with contract signed at Stamford Bridge
- Trump hails 'tremendous progress' on North Atlantic Treaty Organisation defence spending
- Wimbledon Mens Singles Day 12: Djokovic value against tired Nadal
- Emmy Nominations: The Complete List