Zsa Zsa's 15 minutes in the limelight are over: the copiously drooling English bulldog named the World's "Ugliest Dog" just weeks ago has died. "I'm in shock still", she told CNN sister network HLN.
On June 23, Zsa Zsa won the World's Ugliest Dog contest at the Sonoma-Marin Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds in the San Francisco Bay Area community of Petaluma, Calif.More news: Chelsea set to announce Maurizio Sarri with contract signed at Stamford Bridge
After she was made top ugly dog, her family said: "We are so excited for her; she deserves this".
"He woke up this morning and found her passed away", said Brainard, who called Zsa Zsa's death "devastating". "I haven't even processed her winning and fame".More news: Trump hails 'tremendous progress' on North Atlantic Treaty Organisation defence spending
As we noted about the annual contest, its organizers say that it's meant to show how lovable and unique all dogs are, regardless of what some people might view as imperfections. "We were all saying our goodbyes".
The English bulldog was reportedly named after Hungarian-American actress Zsa Zsa Gabor.More news: Anderson, Isner in second-longest Wimbledon singles match
After Ms. Brainard adopted her, Zsa Zsa spent her days lounging around, refusing to do much of anything unless food was involved. The dog had previously been rescued from a puppy mill in Missouri when she was 5 years old, according to the newspaper.
- Drake says Will Smith wins 'In My Feelings Challenge'
- Martin seizes opportunity as top guns lose ground
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation conditionally invites Macedonia to start membership talks
- Israel wants to conquer the moon in early 2019
- Milwaukee Bucks Forward Jabari Parker Hosts Pickup Game In Local Park
- British divers not heroes, just relieved, after rescue
- Mexico's killer quake revealed unknown temple built inside a pyramid
- Meghan, Duchess of Sussex joins The Queen for second balcony appearance
- Shaqiri having medical ahead of £13m Liverpool move
- Chelsea sack Antonio Conte 7 hours ago