"And she's a total professional because when I saw her this morning I said, "I want to apologize because I said such good things about you", and she said, "don't worry, it's only the press". In response to a journalist representing CNN, Trump criticized the premise of the reporter's question and then described "fake news CNN" as "the worst".
In the article, Trump criticized May's handling of Brexit, saying that she would likely "kill" any trade deals between the USA and the United Kingdom because she didn't take his advice.More news: Martin seizes opportunity as top guns lose ground
He swatted CNN while declining to take a question from its White House reporter, Jim Acosta. "He also called out CNN as not a real network: "'fake news, '" Roberts said. "I don't take questions from fake news", Trump said. Trump then went on to deny The Sun's reporting, claiming he never actually criticized May, and saying, "Fortunately, we tend to record stories now... we record when we deal with reporters".
He directly condemned the president's use of the term "fake news" to inaccurately denigrate coverage he doesn't like. They have fine journalists there who risk their lives to cover the news around the world.
"Old enough to remember when other networks came to the defense of Fox News WH correspondents during the Obama years. Lesson for the kids out there: no one should ever try to do the right thing with the expectation it will ever be reciprocated". John Roberts of Fox.More news: Mexico's killer quake revealed unknown temple built inside a pyramid
"You have spent the week taking on North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies, criticizing Prime Minister May on her own soil, and I wonder are you giving Russian President Vladimir Putin the upper hand heading into your talks, given that you are challenging these alliances that he seeks to break up and destroy?" "To issue a blanket condemnation of the network as "fake news" is ... unfair". She's as honest as the day is long.
Acosta continued the argument: 'Well, sir, if you're going to call us fake news you should take a question'.
"See, that's such dishonest reporting", Trump fired back.More news: Israel wants to conquer the moon in early 2019
- Trump administration slashes more ObamaCare funds
- Brock Lesnar’s Return Match Known, Confirmed For Next Month’s ‘SummerSlam’
- Trump hails 'tremendous progress' on North Atlantic Treaty Organisation defence spending
- Blockbusters in Alaska set to close; 1 store left in US
- Shaqiri having medical ahead of £13m Liverpool move
- Milwaukee Bucks Forward Jabari Parker Hosts Pickup Game In Local Park
- Meghan, Duchess of Sussex joins The Queen for second balcony appearance
- HTC to launch its blockchain smartphone later this year
- 128 dead following blast at Pakistan election rally
- Anderson, Isner in second-longest Wimbledon singles match