Lawyer Michael Avenatti blasted the arrest as a "politically motivated sting".
Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, was set for arraignment on Friday (Saturday NZT) on three misdemeanour counts of touching a patron at a "sexually oriented" business in violation of an OH strip club law. That detective then left the club to request help from patrol in arresting Daniels and two others, who were identified in the report as a dancer and a server.
Daniels was arrested at a club in Columbus while performing an act she has done at almost 100 strip clubs across the US, Michael Avenatti wrote on Twitter. He vowed to fight the "bogus charges", even suggesting there are "higher priorities" at stake for the police.
OH law states that "no employee who regularly appears" at a business may "knowingly touch a patron".More news: Meghan, Duchess of Sussex joins The Queen for second balcony appearance
The law says that it's illegal to make contact with a nude dancer who "regularly appears" nude at a club.
Last month, the Sirens Gentlemen's Club posted on its website that Daniels was scheduled to perform there Wednesday and Thursday.
On Twitter, Avenatti wrote that the arrest was a "setup and politically motivated".
Klein said his office was not involved in what he called a "sting operation".
The Columbus police say the arrest of Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, was part of a long-term human trafficking investigation. He said female undercover officers asked Daniels if they could place their face between her breasts.More news: Milwaukee Bucks Forward Jabari Parker Hosts Pickup Game In Local Park
Mr Avenatti later said his client would plead not guilty to all three misdemeanour charges, and also posted a statement from Ms Daniels saying she would not be able to go ahead with tonight's show.
DailyMail.com have contacted the Columbus Police Department for comment.
Documents on the Franklin County Municipal Court website show that Daniels will be arraigned Friday at 9 a.m.
He initially said he used his own money to pay Daniels and was not reimbursed by the president. Trump has denied the affair happened.More news: Trump says he feels 'unwelcomed' in London, blasts mayor Sadiq Khan
- Chelsea sack Antonio Conte 7 hours ago
- Greyhound Package Business In Western Canada Ripe For Replacement By Other Firms
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 multiplayer and Blackout beta dates announced
- Chelsea set to announce Maurizio Sarri with contract signed at Stamford Bridge
- Serena to face Kerber in her 10th Wimbledon final
- Zsa Zsa dies weeks after being dubbed ‘World’s Ugliest Dog’
- Mexico's killer quake revealed unknown temple built inside a pyramid
- Anderson, Isner in second-longest Wimbledon singles match
- Wimbledon Mens Singles Day 12: Djokovic value against tired Nadal
- Emmy Nominations: The Complete List