While Trump's trip was not the full state visit he was originally promised, he was heralded by military bands on his arrival at Windsor, before he and First Lady Melania were due to have tea with the 92-year-old queen.
Once the Trumps arrived they were greeted with a smile from the queen, so whether she was upset about the wait-time or not, she hid it.
The U.S. president and First Lady Melania Trump are in the United Kingdom for two days this week between the NATO Summit in Brussels yesterday and Trump's upcoming meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin on the weekend.More news: Antoine Griezmann mocks Chelsea star Thibaut Courtois
Commenters on Twitter were hard-pressed not to see his behavior with the queen and Prime Minister Theresa May as misogynistic.
He told the paper: "If you think of it, for so many years she has represented her country, she has really never made a mistake".
Judi James said the American leader appeared to be unable to contain his excitement at meeting the monarch in her historic royal residence. Of course, in 2009, during a Buckingham Palace reception before the G20 summit, Michelle sparked headlines by embracing the British royal - putting her arm around her as they chatted.
His gaffes were slammed on social media, with Joanna Gasiorowska, Al Jazeera senior sports presenter tweeting, 'I can't even watch this... "I detested how Trump dared walk in front of the Queen today", wrote another. The president is about 6-foot-2, and Mrs. Trump is near that in her spiky heels.More news: FBI agent Peter Strzok say political bias did not impact investigations
A source close to Trump was quoted as saying: "He won't put up with being lectured by anyone, even a member of the royal family".
Some 1.86 million people signed a petition at the June 2017 general election, wanting to prevent Trump from making a state visit "because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen". You don't see, like, anything embarrassing.
The 92-year-old queen - the longest-serving monarch in British history - has met every US president since Harry Truman, except for Lyndon Johnson.More news: Chelsea set to announce Maurizio Sarri with contract signed at Stamford Bridge
- Zsa Zsa dies weeks after being dubbed ‘World’s Ugliest Dog’
- Dwayne Johnson says there is 'no need' to talk to Tyrese Gibson
- Chelsea sack Antonio Conte 7 hours ago
- Co-pilot tried to hide e-cigarette smoke, sparked mid-air emergency instead
- Time to start making North Korea pay for its broken promises
- Serena to face Kerber in her 10th Wimbledon final
- Trump Attacks CNN, NBC in Joint Press Conference With British Prime Minister
- Stormy Daniels arrested in Ohio during strip club show
- Sharif loyalists arrested as former PM returns to appeal conviction
- HTC to launch its blockchain smartphone later this year