A legal battle is looming between Antonio Conte and Chelsea after the Premier League club sacked the Italian tactician. The Italian clashed with the higher ups over transfer spending policies, and given the extremely itchy trigger finger of owner Roman Abramovich, it was inevitable that Conte's days were numbered.
Conte, 38, joined Chelsea in August of 2016 after two years in charge of the Azzurri. They eventually stuttered to a fifth-placed finish in the league, which has led to Conte's departure even though he did clinch the FA Cup title.More news: Trump administration slashes more ObamaCare funds
In his first season in charge, Chelsea set a wins record with 30, finishing atop the Premier League table, comfortably ahead of Tottenham Hotspur in second place.
Real Madrid are believed to be in the market for a new goalkeeper this summer with Courtois on their wishlist alongside Roma's Alisson.More news: Donald Trump visibly annoyed by question over incendiary Brexit comments
He will cost big money for Chelsea though.
Napoli's style won the hearts of many neutrals for their quick, one-touch possession-based style that dazzled many fans. Golovin is technical, energetic and versatile, three attributes that would stand him in good stead under Sarri.
Could any returning loanees feature?Higuain is keen to make the move from Juventus to Chelsea and become their main man, as the Chelsea board seem to lose faith with Alvaro Morata in front of goal. There is a chance that an interest may be reignited with Sarri's arrival though, as he has been such a crucial part of his Napoli team over the past few seasons. More news: Donald Trump again says he’s a ‘very stable genius’ at North Atlantic Treaty Organisation summit
- Anderson, Isner in second-longest Wimbledon singles match
- U.K. police find source of Novichok nerve agent in small bottle
- 'Downton Abbey' Officially Revived For Movie With Original Cast
- Israel wants to conquer the moon in early 2019
- Russian Federation ready to invest up to $50bn in Iran's oil sector
- Shaqiri having medical ahead of £13m Liverpool move
- 128 dead following blast at Pakistan election rally
- Jose Mourinho stresses cause for English optimism after Russian Federation 2018 campaign
- UNIAN: Russian politician explains why European Union could block Nord Stream 2
- 2nd semifinal starts under roof at Wimbledon