A legal battle is looming between Antonio Conte and Chelsea after the Premier League club sacked the Italian tactician. The Italian clashed with the higher ups over transfer spending policies, and given the extremely itchy trigger finger of owner Roman Abramovich, it was inevitable that Conte's days were numbered.
Conte, 38, joined Chelsea in August of 2016 after two years in charge of the Azzurri. They eventually stuttered to a fifth-placed finish in the league, which has led to Conte's departure even though he did clinch the FA Cup title.More news: Anderson, Isner in second-longest Wimbledon singles match
In his first season in charge, Chelsea set a wins record with 30, finishing atop the Premier League table, comfortably ahead of Tottenham Hotspur in second place.
Real Madrid are believed to be in the market for a new goalkeeper this summer with Courtois on their wishlist alongside Roma's Alisson.More news: Donald Trump visibly annoyed by question over incendiary Brexit comments
He will cost big money for Chelsea though.
Napoli's style won the hearts of many neutrals for their quick, one-touch possession-based style that dazzled many fans. Golovin is technical, energetic and versatile, three attributes that would stand him in good stead under Sarri.
Could any returning loanees feature?Higuain is keen to make the move from Juventus to Chelsea and become their main man, as the Chelsea board seem to lose faith with Alvaro Morata in front of goal. There is a chance that an interest may be reignited with Sarri's arrival though, as he has been such a crucial part of his Napoli team over the past few seasons. More news: Meghan, Duchess of Sussex joins The Queen for second balcony appearance
- Chris Froome is thrilled to close gap on his Tour rivals
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation conditionally invites Macedonia to start membership talks
- Martin seizes opportunity as top guns lose ground
- Papa John's Founder John Schnatter Resigned As Chairman of The Board
- 128 dead following blast at Pakistan election rally
- Kenya ranked third most innovative country in Africa
- Donald Trump again says he’s a ‘very stable genius’ at North Atlantic Treaty Organisation summit
- SC slams Centre for 'lethargy' over protection of Taj Mahal
- Brock Lesnar’s Return Match Known, Confirmed For Next Month’s ‘SummerSlam’
- Trump administration slashes more ObamaCare funds