The number one state was South Dakota and the worst was NY. Florida scored well for its warm weather and low taxes but was hindered by scores related to crime rate and healthcare quality, Bankrate said.
Also toward the bottom were New Mexico, Maryland, and Louisiana.More news: Doctors have warned an emerging STI could become an antibiotic-resistant superbug
South Dakota came out on top mostly because of how it ranked in well-being and tax friendliness.
The other top states include Utah, Idaho, New Hampshire and Florida. Anyone who wants to spend their retirement years away from home has a ton of research to do, but consumer financial service company Bankrate put together a ranking of all USA 50 states to help decide where to go after their life's work is done. The things that make you happy that give meaning to your life, your social relationships, your spousal relationships, all inform your happiness when you retire'. NY came up last.
Now, a new study by Bankrate.com ranks the best states for retirees based on several factors including, cost of living, taxes, health care quality, weather, crime, culture, and well-being.More news: Milwaukee Bucks: Jabari Parker reportedly working on deal with Chicago Bulls
Maryland: Maryland is also not a great state for retirement as its cost of living ranks at number 47 overall.
The full ranking of all 50 states is below.More news: Russian hack of Clinton's campaign followed Trump speech
- Israel seizes boat from Gaza seeking to challenge blockade
- Del Potro faces challenges on return to Wimbledon quarters
- The arrival of Daley Blind at Ajax could see De Jong leave
- Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018)
- Trump, NATO head Stoltenberg have testy exchange at summit
- Salisbury street evacuated after man 'falls ill' in police incident
- Rabada stars as Proteas restrict Sri Lanka
- Stone reverses: I'm 'probably' unnamed person in Mueller indictment
- Antoine Griezmann Fires Back Thibaut Courtois Over 'Anti-Football' Dig
- First 3D colour X-ray of a human using CERN technology