The Kremlin says a new prospective natural gas pipeline to Germany will help increase regional stability and strengthen ties between Russian Federation and the West.
Mr Trump said at the residence of the U.S. ambassador in Brussels "So we're supposed to protect you against Russian Federation and you pay billions of dollars to Russian Federation and I think that's very inappropriate".
Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland says Canada has significant concerns over the Nord Stream 2 pipeline that would bring gas from Russian Federation to the Baltic coast of Germany.More news: Twitter Purge Costs Obama Millions of Followers
Mr Trump renewed his call for other North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies to pay in more to the Western alliance after years in which U.S. taxpayers have, he said, borne an "unfair" share of military spending.
"As for Germany's dependence as a major buyer of our gas - we can not agree with this, because such deliveries of pipeline gas do not lead to the dependence of one country on another, but to complete mutual dependence", Peskov stressed. Peskov said supplies of gas doesn't make one country dependent on another but only completes "mutual dependence" which he said guaranteed "stability and future development", Reuters added.
European countries may block construction of the pipeline "Nord stream-2", if you take the radical position of the United States.More news: British man poisoned with Novichok is no longer in critical condition - hospital
History has shown that Russian Federation has a penchant for attempting to control Europe by cutting off energy supplies.
US Secretary of Energy Rick Perry said in Brussels that he did not hear any of the European Union countries viewing Nord Stream 2 positively, the report said. So we're supposed to protect Germany, but they're getting their energy from Russian Federation.
"A "and the stream-2" is a tool in the hands of the Kremlin of waging a hybrid war". He said he also mentioned tripartite talks [on gas - EU-RF-Ukraine], which they will hold.More news: $4.69 billion verdict against Johnson & Johnson’s talcum powder
- Watch NASA's iconic Cape Canaveral launch towers crumble
- George Clooney looks in pain after motorbike crash
- Mueller Probe Brings Indictments Of Russians In Election Hacking Of Dems
- Tesla loses United States subsidies as it hits 200,000 sales mark
- Donald Trump visibly annoyed by question over incendiary Brexit comments
- U.K. police find source of Novichok nerve agent in small bottle
- Cate Shortland to direct Marvel’s ‘Black Widow’ solo movie
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation survives Trump, but the turmoil is leaving scars
- Barcelona confirm €35.9m Clement Lenglet capture from Sevilla
- Putin hosts aide to Iran's supreme leader amid Syria talks