The cases have been reported in 33 states, including New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, California, Maryland and Virginia.
"Retailers can not legally offer the cereal for sale and consumers should not purchase Kellogg's Honey Smacks cereal", the agency said in a statement.
It says that regardless of expiration date, the cereal should be thrown away or returned to a retailer for a refund.More news: Man with no arms charged with stabbing tourist
The US Food and Drug Administration urged consumers on Thursday to avoid eating and retailers to not sell Kellogg's Honey Smacks cereal because of the chance of salmonella contamination.
At least 30 of the 100 have been hospitalised, while no deaths have been reported, the CDC said.
State and local health officials continue to investigate the outbreak.
"Laboratory testing identified the outbreak strain of Salmonella in unopened and opened boxes of Honey Smacks cereal collected from retail locations and from ill people's homes", the new report stated.More news: Giant 20ft Donald Trump baby balloon takes flight in London
The FDA says the third-party facility that makes Honey Smacks hasn't made any since June 12, two days before the recall.
"Products with earlier dates could also potentially be contaminated", says the FDA update.
The recalled products had use by dates of June 14, 2018 through June 14, 2019 and involved the cereals' 15.3 ounce and 23 oz. packages. Kellogg's Honey Smacks cereal has a UPC code of 38000 39103.
Contact a healthcare provider if you think you got sick from consuming recalled Honey Smacks cereal.More news: Dan Martin powers to Tour stage victory
- Trump meets Theresa May, promptly says Boris Johnson would be ‘great PM’
- Love Island 2018: Was Jack and Georgia's kiss staged?
- UAE Ministry of Health Recalls Some Anti-Hypertensive Medications Containing Valsartan
- Trump lashes out at North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies calling for increase in defence spending
- Ariel Atom 4 debuts with Honda Civic Type R power
- Microsoft Releases Windows 10 1803 Update KB4338819 for Patch Tuesday
- China vows retaliation for US$200B USA tariff threat
- Nets trade Jeremy Lin to the Hawks
- Gboard lets you communicate in Morse Code
- Thai cave operation: Pumps failed after last boy rescued