Entering his eighth National Basketball Association season, Isaiah Thomas apparently will be joining a sixth team.
If that's going to happen, it will occur in Denver, as the Nuggets signed Thomas as an unrestricted free agent, per Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN. Denver's head coach, Mike Malone, envisions using Thomas to build on leads established by the team's young core, headlined by Jamal Murray, Gary Harris and Nikola Jokic.More news: Trump meets Theresa May, promptly says Boris Johnson would be ‘great PM’
Isaiah Thomas, 29, played 32 games last season (15 with the Cavs and 17 with the Lakers) and finished the campaign with averages of 15.2 points, 4.8 assists, and 2.1 rebounds in 26.9 minutes per contest. A problem with the same joint also knocked him out of the end of the 2017 playoffs. The deal is for one year and $2 million. He's coming off a season in which he played in 15 games for the Cavaliers and in 17 games with the Lakers.
Thomas, the 60th and last pick of the 2011 NBA Draft, made a name for himself as a clutch scorer with the Celtics after his previous two teams (Sacramento and Phoenix) parted ways with him. With the Cavaliers struggling, however, they dealt Thomas, Channing Frye and a 2018 first-round draft pick to the Los Angeles Lakers on February 8 for Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr. He averaged 20.3 points and a career-high 6.3 assists with the Kings that season.More news: Thai cave operation: Pumps failed after last boy rescued
For more sports coverage, visit the ABS-CBN Sports website.More news: Reds set to sign Xherdan Shaqiri by this weekend
- Love Island 2018: Was Jack and Georgia's kiss staged?
- Emmys 2018 snubs, from Meghan Markle to Emilia Clarke
- Google wants you to download these 10 apps
- North Koreans Miss Meeting About US Soldier Remains
- Syria's Former Rebel Strongholds Endure as Assad Regime Reasserts Control
- Ariel Atom 4 debuts with Honda Civic Type R power
- Man with no arms charged with stabbing tourist
- Margot Robbie And Saoirse Ronan Clash In 'Mary Queen Of Scots' Trailer
- Trump lashes out at North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies calling for increase in defence spending
- Deadly Mexico quake unearths ancient temple