Miami Beach police arrested 46-year-old Jonathan Crenshaw Tuesday and charged him with aggravated battery.
Both Coronado and his friend, 22-year-old Cindy Barrientos, told investigators that they were just asking for directions when Crenshaw suddenly stabbed Coronado and walked off.More news: UK slips further down global broadband league table
While in police custody, Crenshaw claimed he was defending himself after Coronado punched him in the head. He said he then pulled out a pair of scissors with his feet and stabbed the victim before putting the scissors in his waistband and leaving the area, authorities said. Police said Crenshaw stabbed Coronado twice before fleeing the scene.
Crenshaw was booked for battery charges on Tuesday night and his bond was set at $7,500, according to Miami-Dade Corrections.
A MAN previously thought to be harmless - as he was a disabled artist who sold his canvases in Miami's touristy South Beach, has been charged with stabbing a Chicago tourist.More news: Trump lashes out at North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies calling for increase in defence spending
A homeless Miami man with no arms has been charged after allegedly stabbing a tourist, authorities announced Wednesday. Paramedics took him to an area hospital for treatment.
Crenshaw, however, says his actions were in self-defense.
Crenshaw remains in jail. His court date will be on July18.More news: Emmys 2018 snubs, from Meghan Markle to Emilia Clarke
- Raw: Deadly Tornado Strikes North Dakota Town
- Love Island 2018: Was Jack and Georgia's kiss staged?
- North Koreans Miss Meeting About US Soldier Remains
- Reds set to sign Xherdan Shaqiri by this weekend
- Second solar eclipse of the year today
- Thai cave operation: Pumps failed after last boy rescued
- Google wants you to download these 10 apps
- Sign deal to lift ban
- Federation Internationale de Football Association warns broadcasters about focusing on 'hot women'
- Modric: "It Is A Pity" That Ronaldo Left Real Madrid