Miami Beach police arrested 46-year-old Jonathan Crenshaw Tuesday and charged him with aggravated battery.
Both Coronado and his friend, 22-year-old Cindy Barrientos, told investigators that they were just asking for directions when Crenshaw suddenly stabbed Coronado and walked off.More news: Thai cave operation: Pumps failed after last boy rescued
While in police custody, Crenshaw claimed he was defending himself after Coronado punched him in the head. He said he then pulled out a pair of scissors with his feet and stabbed the victim before putting the scissors in his waistband and leaving the area, authorities said. Police said Crenshaw stabbed Coronado twice before fleeing the scene.
Crenshaw was booked for battery charges on Tuesday night and his bond was set at $7,500, according to Miami-Dade Corrections.
A MAN previously thought to be harmless - as he was a disabled artist who sold his canvases in Miami's touristy South Beach, has been charged with stabbing a Chicago tourist.More news: Big Twitter Accounts See Follower Numbers Drop After Fake-User Purge
A homeless Miami man with no arms has been charged after allegedly stabbing a tourist, authorities announced Wednesday. Paramedics took him to an area hospital for treatment.
Crenshaw, however, says his actions were in self-defense.
Crenshaw remains in jail. His court date will be on July18.More news: Bentley Mulsanne WO Edition unveiled
- Ariel Atom 4 debuts with Honda Civic Type R power
- Reds set to sign Xherdan Shaqiri by this weekend
- Deadly Mexico quake unearths ancient temple
- China vows retaliation for US$200B USA tariff threat
- Margot Robbie And Saoirse Ronan Clash In 'Mary Queen Of Scots' Trailer
- Love Island 2018: Was Jack and Georgia's kiss staged?
- Trump lashes out at North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies calling for increase in defence spending
- Emmys 2018 snubs, from Meghan Markle to Emilia Clarke
- AHS warns Calgarians about the risk of West Nile Virus
- Google wants you to download these 10 apps