England's unexpected journey in Russian Federation came to an end in the semi-finals as Mario Mandzukic sealed a 2-1 victory in extra-time to break English hearts in Moscow.
"Perisic is the kind of winger that is different to the others", Mourinho told Russia Today. "Normally you judge wide players on their pace and creativity, but he's physical too - exceptionally physical - and in the air he's fantastic".More news: North Atlantic Treaty Organisation survives Trump, but the turmoil is leaving scars
However, Spurs are resigned to losing the 29-year-old this summer given a clause in his contract allows him to leave for just £25m in 12 months' time.
"So the way he wins that ball in the air (for Mandzukic's goal) and puts the ball into that space is only possible if you are very, very physical and dominant over defenders".
Pogba endured a mixed campaign under Mourinho last season and the Spanish outlet says United are hoping his impressive performances at the World Cup will lead to big-money interest from some of Europe's most powerful clubs.More news: Trumps kick off United Kingdom visit with black-tie gala
"So he was wonderful by going there and winning that ball in the air".
Manchester United are underway for the new season, with the players and coaches back at Carrington for pre-season training.
It prompted a glowing assessment from Mourinho, who added: "It's a great achievement for a country where the league is a minor league and the majority of the players don't player in Croatia but overseas".More news: Mueller Probe Brings Indictments Of Russians In Election Hacking Of Dems
Diogo Dalot, a £19 million summer signing from Porto, will also be in the group.
- Twitter Purge Costs Obama Millions of Followers
- Canada To Lead NATO Training Mission In Iraq
- Donald Trump 'threatens to pull USA out of NATO'
- Nets trade Jeremy Lin to the Hawks
- British man poisoned with Novichok is no longer in critical condition - hospital
- Trump Baby Blimp Hits The Skies Of London During UK Visit
- Tesla loses United States subsidies as it hits 200,000 sales mark
- Donald Trump visibly annoyed by question over incendiary Brexit comments
- Barcelona confirm €35.9m Clement Lenglet capture from Sevilla
- Netflix Topples HBO in Emmy Nominations