Kieran Tripper gave England the lead in the fourth minute before Ivan Perišić equalised on 68 minutes, which took the game into extra-time.
If they had beaten Croatia, England would have reached only their second World Cup final.
"We've definitely written ourselves into history, given the conditions and infrastructure back home, we are a miracle", he added.More news: Second solar eclipse of the year today
Little Harry held his head in his hands as he stood in front of the TV in sheer shock, when it was revealed Gareth Southgate's team wouldn't be making it into the final. The atmosphere in the team has never been better, something the players have repeatedly said.
England will play Belgium in the third-place play-off in St Petersburg tomorrow.
"Ante Rebic said he couldn't play and I told them only those who were 100% fit will play".
Another right full-back, 22-year-old French defender, Benjamin Pavard's inclusion in the French squad for the World Cup drew a lot of criticism from fans across the globe.More news: North Koreans Miss Meeting About US Soldier Remains
"Whether that had an effect on us not wanting to take as many chances as we had, subconsciously, I don't know".
Here's how the country reacted to the loss.
"We were planning to leave, but now we have to stay until Monday", said Sinisa Pavlek, a Croatian living in Germany as he emerged from the stadium with a broad smile on his face.
"We, as a team, have made incredible progress and probably got to a stage where at the start of the tournament we would have considered a success". I don't realistically think any of us did. It's great that they may have had a feeling that playing for England is always misery, regret, recrimination and they have seen that it can be fun, it can be enjoyable.More news: Love Island 2018: Was Jack and Georgia's kiss staged?
- China vows retaliation for US$200B USA tariff threat
- Raw: Deadly Tornado Strikes North Dakota Town
- Big Twitter Accounts See Follower Numbers Drop After Fake-User Purge
- Deadly Mexico quake unearths ancient temple
- Reds set to sign Xherdan Shaqiri by this weekend
- Thailand cave: Museum and movie in the works for Tham Luang
- Man with no arms charged with stabbing tourist
- Federation Internationale de Football Association warns broadcasters about focusing on 'hot women'
- Giant 20ft Donald Trump baby balloon takes flight in London
- Amal helps George Clooney onto private jet after scooter crash