The incident occurred late on July 12, 2018, local time.
A large explosion was heard in Cairo on Thursday evening.More news: HP Chromebook x2 variant sounds like the Surface Go
The cause of the detonation and fire at the fuel depot is unknown as of yet. At the time of writing, eight injuries have been recorded. No deaths have been reported. In February 2015 authorities discovered bombs planted at the Cairo International Airport on the same day that a blast killed a man in Egypt's second city of Alexandria. Egyptian Civil Aviation Minister Younis Al Masry, a former Egyptian Air Force officer who only took up the post in June 2018 during a cabinet shuffle, confirmed that the fuel dump has exploded, but offered no additional information.
All flights have been suspended at the airport while officials investigate the blast. "Egypt is safe and those who are spreading falsehoods are groups of liars, all the information confirms that the explosion occurred in a fuel tank near the area, the airport is secure and the traffic has resumed".More news: Sonos Adds AirPlay 2 Support to Certain Speaker Models
Security measures will surely be increased at the airport.More news: TicWatch Pro dual-layered smartwatch is here
- Former Catalan leader Carles Puigdemont can be extradited, say judges
- Man faces hate crime charges over racist Puerto Rico shirt rant
- Instagram 'Questions' sticker lets you get responses to questions in your Stories
- Mycoplasma genitalium (MG): what it is and why doctors are anxious
- Russian cargo ship docks at ISS in record time
- India adopts 'world's strongest' net neutrality norms
- Rumor: LeBron James was leaning toward the Lakers for ‘months’
- Charles Oakley arrested for allegedly cheating at Vegas casino
- Epic Announces $8M Summer Skirmish Series - Fortnite
- Hazard: Playing for Real Madrid is 'Everyone's Dream'