Today, AT&T announced an important move in terms of its own growth as well as Magic Leap's: It will be investing in the startup and will soon come the exclusive "wireless distributor" for Magic Leap products in the United States.
AT&T's wireless exclusive may not be as extensive as its 2007 exclusive with Apple's iPhone (aapl).
The demonstration is shown in the video below, where a Magic Leap developer gives a brief look at what appears to be a very simple game.More news: Trump arrives in 'hot spot' Britain, questioning May's Brexit plan
"We've joined with AT&T because we believe in a combined vision of expanding high-speed networks, edge computing, and deep integration with creative content", Rony Abovitz, founder, president and CEO of Magic Leap said in a statement.
Eye tracking and head tracking are both included, as well. AT&T noted that Magic Leap One will be available for consumers to experience at select AT&T stores in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco later this year, with more markets to follow.
While the company has been working in secret for years, releasing little information about its products, competitors such as Facebook Inc have gained ground with its Oculus virtual reality headsets.More news: London awaits Trump's visit, braces for protests
The company has now confirmed that it is using an Nvidia Tegra X2 multi-core processor inside the unit's wearable puck-shaped computer housing. The makers explained during yesterday's livestream (embedded below) that one of those ARM cores will be dedicated to game/app logic while the other will feed the GPU. Magic Leap One is built for creators who want to change how we experience the world.
These are the Lightwear glasses, the Lightpack computing platform, and the Control handheld controller.
The engine that drives our spatial computing platform. And the controller offers "six degrees of freedom" with a thumb-operated control pad.More news: Elon Musk showed at Thai cave rescue despite his 'impractical' sub
- Adult film star Stormy Daniels arrested at OH strip club, attorney says
- Chelsea strike gentlemen's agreement with Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri
- Google updates Inbox app to be compatible with the iPhone X notch
- Thailand cave rescue to be turned into Hollywood movie
- Kerber, Ostapenko reach Wimbledon semis
- Kylian Mbappe revels in England's World Cup misery on Instagram
- Royal family: Queen and Prince Philip to miss Prince Louis' christening
- Scientists Capture the Moment an Iceberg Breaks off from a Greenland Glacier
- Serena Williams vs Julia Goerges, Wimbledon 2018 semi-final
- Dejan Lovren Says He's One Of The Best Defenders In The World