He also added: "You were talking about the final".
England are out of the World Cup and Roy Keane is reminding everyone when they should be happy.
The Three Lions lost 2-1 after extra time and left fans devastated.More news: Rafael Nadal, Kevin Anderson march into Wimbledon quarter-finals
Alongside Gary Neville, Ian Wright and Lee Dixon, Keane went to town on an England team in danger of spurning their best chance of reaching a World Cup final in a few generations (of players, at least): 'It's back to the old England'.
Keane suggested that England's "It's Coming Home" banter meant everyone had got a little carried away before playing Croatia.
Keane stuck to his original point, though, replying: "I don't mind you being happy, but you were getting carried away". You were planning the final, where the parades were.
Ever the stony-faced pragmatist, the Irishman and former United captain Keane accused ex-England striker Wright of getting caught losing focus on the immediate games of the World Cup. You needed a reality check. "We were just having a laugh with you", Wright said in his famous London accent.More news: Eating solid foods earlier promotes better sleep in babies
"The whole yesterday and today they were talking about the final the final the final", Keane began.
"The fact is we were happy, and you weren't happy with us being happy".
That caution proved to well founded as Mario Mandzukic's extra-time victor fired Croatia into Sunday's final against France as England's expense in a tense semi-final in Moscow, with Keane biding his time before revisiting his previous discussion with Wright. Take it one game as it comes. You know how hard it is to get to these finals or even get to the World Cup.
You've got to be aware of it and deal with it yourself.More news: Brett Kavanaugh Reportedly Racked Up Thousands In Debt Buying Nationals Tickets
- Croatian firefighters go viral after missing historic win for emergency
- Selena Gomez Doesn't Think Justin Bieber & Hailey Baldwin Will Actually Get Married
- Nevada to execute inmate with fentanyl in U.S
- Pivac to succeed Gatland as Wales rugby coach
- Thai football team rescue celebrated in the Dutch media
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ may feature a dual selfie camera
- Adam Jones Attacked in Atlanta Airport
- Leahy: Trump's Supreme Court Pick 'More Than Frightening'
- Novak Djokovic reacts to Wimbledon relegating Roger Federer 1 before shock exit
- Redskins Pick Cornerback Adonis Alexander In 2018 Supplemental Draft