Jonathan Crenshaw's mugshot published by Miami-Dade Corrections.
The police did not find Crenshaw under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the incident.
A homeless South Florida man with no arms has been charged with stabbing a Chicago tourist. The arrest happened at Miami Beach in Florida.More news: London awaits Trump's visit, braces for protests
Jonathan Crenshaw, who paints pictures with his feet and weighs around 90lbs, was arrested in Miami Beach for allegedly stabbing a tourist from Chicago with a pair of scissors.
According to the Miami Herald, the homeless man is a fixture in the South Beach area, known for painting with his feet.
Crenshaw's arrest record dates to 2008 and lists arrests for disorderly intoxication, vandalism, and battery on police officers, firefighters and city code inspectors.More news: Phil Mickelson breaks rules again, this time at Greenbrier
Mr Crenshaw said he was lying down when Mr Coronado approached and punched him, police said.
Neither men dispute that Coronado was stabbed, but Crenshaw said he was attacked first, according to the arrest report.
A female friend of the victim told police the pair stopped to ask Crenshaw for directions when he pulled out an unknown object and stabbed Coronado before running away. However, according to the Miami Beach Police Department, he does have an extensive criminal past. Crenshaw then got up and used the scissors in self defense and quickly walked off, police said.More news: The man with the world's longest fingernails finally had them cut
- Dejan Lovren Says He's One Of The Best Defenders In The World
- Guendouzi: Arsenal was an easy decision
- US Ambassador Plays Down Donald Trump's "Turmoil" Comment
- ‘Game of Thrones’ leads Emmys field with 22 nominations
- Kylian Mbappe revels in England's World Cup misery on Instagram
- Best Scottish Twitter reactions to England’s exit from the World Cup
- Scientists Capture the Moment an Iceberg Breaks off from a Greenland Glacier
- LA woman held for July 4 beating of elderly man
- Elon Musk showed at Thai cave rescue despite his 'impractical' sub
- Senator Graham Slams Democratic Dissent of Kavanaugh