Kane is every defender's nightmare and, with six goals to his name at the tournament, the Englishman is raring to go as the Three Lions look to win their second ever World Cup.
"But the team will be stronger for that and as we reflect over the next few days, there will be a lot more positives".
Playing in their first World Cup semi-final since 1990, England took a fifth-minute lead through Kieran Trippier's superb free-kick. Dead-ball situations once again played their part but were not the deciding factor for England and ultimately the "Love Train", as Glenn Hoddle has labelled it, was derailed.More news: Guendouzi: Arsenal was an easy decision
"The scars left from that nightmare half-an-hour against Kane must still be there and if the England skipper can score an early goal in Moscow tonight, it will be interesting to see how Lovren reacts".
The game went to extra time after neither side could find a victor in normal time, where Croatia continued their dominance.
The goal continued the side's astonishing success from set-pieces at the World Cup - they scored nine goals from set-pieces - the most by any team in a single tournament since 1966. It's been a fantastic journey. It hurts, I don't know what else to say, it hurts.More news: Oil rallies as IEA warns of output capacity limits
"We gave it everything, I know we're gonna look back and say we could have done this and what but at the end of the day it was small margins in a big game and it didn't go our way today", said striker Kane, now the tournament's top scorer with six goals. We thought we were just good enough, we thought we could have done that. "Everybody has come. It's the best feeling in a long time".
France reached the final for the third time in their history on Tuesday when a second-half header from Samuel Umtiti gave the 1998 champions a 1-0 victory against Belgium in Saint Petersburg. There will be legitimate questions about how much they have left in the tank.
But it was Croatia who struck in the 109th minute when Perisic won a header on the edge of the box and the ball dropped for Mandzukic whose firm low finish beat Pickford.
"Normally he would have been forced into a change because someone would get injured but, freakishly, we've had no injuries".More news: Trump arrives in 'hot spot' Britain, questioning May's Brexit plan
'At the moment we all feel the pain of defeat.
- Donald Trump: 'Nato is much stronger than it was two days ago'
- Marcus Rashford's heartfelt message to Gareth Southgate after England World Cup heartbreak
- Kerber, Ostapenko reach Wimbledon semis
- Love Island SPOILER: Samira quits to reunite with Frankie
- Dejan Lovren Says He's One Of The Best Defenders In The World
- London awaits Trump's visit, braces for protests
- Trump arrives United Kingdom for first State visit
- Scientists Capture the Moment an Iceberg Breaks off from a Greenland Glacier
- Taiwan flag emoji crashed iPhones 'to appease China'
- Google updates Inbox app to be compatible with the iPhone X notch