Ken Giles is being sent down to the Minors. The Astros are recalling left-handed pitcher Cionel Perez from Double-A Corpus Christi in a corresponding move. As manager AJ Hinch came to the mound to remove him, Giles appeared to curse Hinch out, saying, "F- you man".
After serving as the closer on the Astros' World Series-winning team a year ago, Giles has struggled mightily in 2018. He was taken out of the game after allowing three singles, including an RBI single, cutting into the Astros' lead, 4-1. Giles was replaced by Hector Rondon, and the A's tied the game.More news: Mural of Russia Coach Defaced, Restored After World Cup Loss
Houston went on to win Tuesday night's game 6-5 in 11 innings. He tallied 12 saves in 34 games pitched, but lost his role as a closer last month. Nearly more memorable than that was Giles punching himself in the face after giving up four runs to the Yankees in the ninth inning on May 2.
The demotion comes as Giles' poor season continues.More news: Trump blasts Germany at North Atlantic Treaty Organisation summit over gas pipeline deal with Russian Federation
Giles was traded to the Astros in December 2015 in exchange for pitchers Vince Velasquez, Tom Eshelman, and Brett Oberholtzer, as well as outfielder Derek Fisher.More news: Twitter Reacts to Kylie Jenner Becoming the Youngest Self-Made Billionaire
- Israel fires missile at drone that entered from Syria
- Trump administration threatens tariffs on another $200 billion in Chinese imports
- Social media reacts to England's semi-final defeat to Croatia
- Cornwall woman takes vehicle for accidental, two-week joyride
- Dele Alli: England battle- ready for Croatia
- Giant crocodile captured in Australia to stop it going to town
- Sagan wins Stage 2 in Tour de France, Froome has calmer ride
- UCLA's Billy Knight Allegedly Sexually Abused 9-Year-Old Girl Before Death
- Roger Federer vs Kevin Anderson, Wimbledon 2018
- How tall is Jordan Pickford? England goalkeeper's height in feet revealed