"This is fantastic. Two players played with half a leg, but it didn't show". We haven't said our last word, there is still one more game to go.
"Heroes" There's plenty of sympathy in defeat from The Mirror, which offsets the image of Jamie Vardy and Dele Alli crouched on the turf at the final whistle with the message, "We're proud of you all". Surely their youth and the extra rest would pay off at some point during 30 additional minutes.
No team has ever made it to the World Cup final after going to extra-time in all three prior knockout rounds - England twice won in extra-time in 1990 before losing on penalties to West Germany in the semi-finals.
Dalic didn't make Croatia's first change until the 95th minute, when he replaced Ivan Strinic with Josip Pivaric.More news: Chasing Croatian football dreams to final of Fifa World Cup 2018
A $100 bet on England would net you a $200 profit if they were to win in regulation, but keep in mind that England just played an extra 30 minutes and has a day's less rest.
Luka Modric has been inspirational throughout their run, yet there were numerous outstanding performances at the Luzhniki Stadium as Croatia recovered from a shaky opening half hour.
"It's tough, we're gutted", he said. Experiences we've come through, that an inexperienced team have to go through to get better. "Realistically, I don't think any of us did".
When heartbroken English fans wake up Thursday morning after a long night of crying into their pints, the most hard part of their grief to digest following the Three Lions' 2-1 extra-time loss to Croatia in the World Cup semifinals Wednesday in Moscow will be the unshakable feeling that England had this one in the bag.More news: Queen praises RAF's 'tenacity and skill' at centenary event
"Croatia have some hardened warriors that are mentally strong in their decision making and in their understanding of the matches, at times that came to the fore".
Jordan Henderson has been one of England's best players in Russian Federation, but he was asked to do the job of two men at times.
NPR's sports correspondent Tom Goldman says today's match is being played against a political backdrop.More news: Pence Responds to Democrat Criticisms: 'Kavanaugh Will Not Legislate from the Bench'
- Amesbury incident: woman exposed to nerve agent dies
- Brett Kavanaugh Reportedly Racked Up Thousands In Debt Buying Nationals Tickets
- Nevada to execute inmate with fentanyl in U.S
- India’s Iran oil imports fall as USA sanctions fears bite
- Fox Shareholder Files Lawsuit To Halt Proposed Disney Acquisition
- Divers enter cave to bring out last trapped group
- Donald Trump claims Germany 'totally controlled' by Russian Federation , airs list of grievances
- Ken Giles has choice words for A.J. Hinch
- Croatian firefighters go viral after missing historic win for emergency
- Former UCLA basketball star found dead after recording heartbreaking video