With this configuration, you can do all sorts of tablet-y things-watch Netflix in bed, take digital notes with the stylus ($100 more), etc. -and also get "real" work done, using apps such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Lightroom.
Starting at $399, the Surface Go is a 10-inch device that may need a handful of accessories in order to achieve its potential. The tablet features a 10-inch display and weighs in at just 1.2 pounds (0.54KG). Although this is the cheapest Surface in the lineup, Microsoft spent a lot on the PixelSense screen and although it is a 10-incher, it has a decent 1800x1200 resolution, which adds up to 216 ppi of pixel density, and has a 1500:1 contrast ratio.More news: Eleven Rescued From Alaska Crash
According to Microsoft's pre-order page, the Surface Go starts at $400 for the for the base 4GB/64GB version, while the 8GB/128GB version sells for $550.
The same hinge found on the Surface Pro is present on the Surface Go and allows for 165 degrees of movement. The $400 price tag is nearly tempting until you consider the $99 Surface Pen and $99 Surface Type Cover you probably want to buy with it.More news: Royal family: Queen and Prince Philip to miss Prince Louis' christening
As for cameras, you're looking at typical front and back cameras with a Windows Hello IR Camera for facial recognition security. The USB Type-C to Type-A adatper costs $19.99, while the one with Ethernet is $54.99. Storage options include 64GB of eMMC (Embedded Multimedia Card) or solid-state drives with either 128GB or 256GB of capacity. Microsoft says that you can expect 9 hours of battery life in the Surface Go, which isn't bad but isn't the best.
What do you think about the Surface Go tablet?More news: Bill De Blasio Reportedly Crossed US Border Illegally, CBP Says
While the starting price of the Surface Go is relatively low-priced, it's the accessories that will see the overall purchase price grow. The Go runs full Windows 10 (although the streamlined S Mode is engaged by default), and features a built-in kickstand that can rest at any angle, a high-resolution 3:2 touchscreen and the same magnesium design common to all the portable Surface devices. An LTE model is also set to arrive later this year. Did the price win you over, or is there something else that makes the new tablet a must have for you?
- Trump Says U.S. Allies Agree to Raise NATO Defense Spending
- Flood in Japan: the number of victims has risen to 179
- Firefighter killed in Wisconsin explosion
- Fulham enter talks with Nice over Jean Michael Seri
- Couple having affair die from carbon monoxide poisoning during sex
- Champions League is target for record City signing Mahrez
- Serena Williams vs Julia Goerges, Wimbledon 2018 semi-final
- Trump says North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies have agreed to increase defence spending
- ‘Game of Thrones’ leads Emmys field with 22 nominations
- Prince William's heartfelt message to England squad after World Cup dreams end