With six goals to his name in five matches, Kane is now on course to become the first English victor of the World Cup Golden Boot since Gary Lineker in 1986. It is an anthem and has followed the team for a long time, but involved some hard moments as well. "Four years is a long time to wait for the next chance".
In their run to the last four, England re-engaged with a fanbase disaffected by decades of failure at worldwide tournaments, most notably in a humiliating exit to Iceland at Euro 2016.More news: President Trump declares North Atlantic Treaty Organisation a 'fine-tuned machine' at conclusion of summit
England beat Scotland 2-0 to make it to the quarter finals (Germany ultimately won the tournament) and the song became a national phenomenon, taking on a life of its own.
Despite Kane transferring his form from the Premier League into the World Cup, with six goals to his name in Russia, Croatia's centre-back believes that he has the ability to win their latest tussle. "We felt we were good enough but have fallen just a bit short".
However - we think Martinez will rotate a few players, with the likes of Yannick Carrasco and Dedryck Boyata likely to come in.More news: Love Island SPOILER: Samira quits to reunite with Frankie
"We want to continue doing everybody proud".
"This team is very special", said Kieran Trippier, who had got England off to a flying start in the semi-final with a fifth-minute free-kick to open the scoring. He sets the tone, he brought this team together. England are one of the favourites to win the World Cup and you have to respect that.
"I'm excited to be part of this team and the challenge to improve going forward". We go out, we download and we stream Three Lions and we get it to number one. "We can succeed and do the country proud".More news: Phil Mickelson breaks rules again, this time at Greenbrier
- Elon Musk showed at Thai cave rescue despite his 'impractical' sub
- London awaits Trump's visit, braces for protests
- Fortnite Season 5 Is Here With Tonnes of New Content
- Taiwan flag emoji crashed iPhones 'to appease China'
- US Ambassador Plays Down Donald Trump's "Turmoil" Comment
- ‘Catch and release’ immigration policy Trump abhorred is back in effect
- Scientists Capture the Moment an Iceberg Breaks off from a Greenland Glacier
- Adult film star Stormy Daniels arrested at OH strip club, attorney says
- "US Not Treated Fairly But I believe In NATO", Says Trump
- Vertonghen 'gutted' after semi-final loss