Emery, into his second week with the Arsenal squad at their London Colney training ground, is yet to discuss his squad with predecessor Arsene Wenger and insists any advice the club's boss of 22 years will be secondary to his relationship with the players.
"I don't feel good on the pitch", Gomes said.
Arsenal have been busy in the transfer window, recruiting a goalkeeper, Bernd Leno, two experienced defenders, and two new midfielders including the Uruguayan who impressed at the World Cup, Lucas Torreira.
"This is one question for the player and for the club", Emery said about Ramsey's contract. Then, we are looking at, looking for, who are the players whose personality is the best in the dressing room.More news: Phil Mickelson breaks rules again, this time at Greenbrier
"At the moment, I think the squad is complete", Emery told a prematch news conference ahead of a preseason friendly at Boreham Wood.
"To sign [a player] in the next month?" Emery remains open minded about adding to that list if "a big opportunity" comes up.
Ramsey is into the a year ago of his contract, and Arsenal are keen to avoid the problems they had last season with Alexis Sánchez in the same position. "But we didn't do movement for him".
"He's working with a quality, the type of ability that I want". Maybe we can bring in one if there's a very good possibility for them to help us, but the club has done a great job of signing new players and I am happy.More news: Elon Musk showed at Thai cave rescue despite his 'impractical' sub
Meanwhile, Emery says he could name as many as five Arsenal captains this season as he continues to run the rule over his new stars.
Gomes joined Barcelona in 2016, collecting a total of 46 appearances for the Catalan giants and scoring three goals during his first season at the club, whilst in the 2017/18 campaign he was never able to find the back of the net. He plans to make his decision over the coming weeks.
"I want to know with my direct opinion, with my direct conversations with the player".
The Portugal worldwide appears to be ready to leave La Liga this summer, after he struggled to win a place in Barcelona's first team squad during the two years spent at the Catalan club.More news: The man with the world's longest fingernails finally had them cut
- LA woman held for July 4 beating of elderly man
- Trump arrives United Kingdom for first State visit
- Marcus Rashford's heartfelt message to Gareth Southgate after England World Cup heartbreak
- EBay throws shade at Amazon ahead of Prime Day
- LONDON FALLING: US Embassy Warns Americans of 'VIOLENT' PROTESTS During Trump Visit
- Chelsea strike gentlemen's agreement with Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri
- Donald Trump: 'Nato is much stronger than it was two days ago'
- Dejan Lovren Says He's One Of The Best Defenders In The World
- Senator Graham Slams Democratic Dissent of Kavanaugh
- Serena Williams vs Julia Goerges, Wimbledon 2018 semi-final