Jesús Aguilar of the Milwaukee Brewers won the NL half of the Final Vote.
The reigning NL MVP won't be participating for the AL squad in the All-Star Game next week in Washington.More news: Nevada to execute inmate with fentanyl in U.S
Segura now has 116 hits this season, tied for the second-most in Major League Baseball.
Milwaukee Brewers first baseman Jesus Aguilar and Seattle Mariners shortstop Jean Segura were selected as Major League Baseball's Final Vote winners in the National League and American League, respectively, on Wednesday night. That's excellent production for any player, let alone a shortstop. The 28-year-old native of Venezuela was followed in the NL Final Vote by Brandon Belt of the San Francisco Giants, Max Muncy of the Dodgers, Trea Turner of the host Washington Nationals and Matt Carpenter of the St. Louis Cardinals. By comparison, Segura registered 11 homers and 45 RBI in 125 games a season ago. But he did finish ahead of Giancarlo Stanton (Yankees), Eddie Rosario (Twins) and Andrelton Simmons (Angels).More news: Eating solid foods earlier promotes better sleep in babies
The 28-year-old Venezuelan was tied for the National League lead with 23 home runs and becomes the fourth Milwaukee player headed to the game.
As for Segura, the Mariners infielder is in the midst of a career year at the plate. That's especially the case given the suspension of Robinson Cano for Seattle. His total was the second-highest in the history of the All-Star Final Vote, trailing only Justin Turner's 20.8 million votes past year.More news: Fox Shareholder Files Lawsuit To Halt Proposed Disney Acquisition
Andrew Benintendi will get some time off during the All-Star break next week.
- British Republicans to show support for Donald Trump UK visit
- Novak Djokovic reacts to Wimbledon relegating Roger Federer 1 before shock exit
- Amesbury incident: woman exposed to nerve agent dies
- Why Trump slammed Germany for gas pipeline deal with Russian Federation
- Adam Jones Attacked in Atlanta Airport
- Pivac to succeed Gatland as Wales rugby coach
- Rafael Nadal, Kevin Anderson march into Wimbledon quarter-finals
- Divers enter cave to bring out last trapped group
- Nurse arrested over patient deaths 'put cleanser in drips'
- Gerrard tells Rangers players to cope with expectation of playing