He joins the Gers from French top-flight Angers on a season-long loan, subject to global clearance.
The 21-year-old scored two Serie A goals for the Giallorossi in the 2015-16 season, before loan spells at Bologna and Torino.More news: Thai football team rescue celebrated in the Dutch media
New signing Lassana Coulibaly was anxious he was the victim of a prank call when Rangers boss Steven Gerrard phoned to discuss a move to Ibrox.
The fans already seem to have given him an interesting nickname but I'll let you discover that for yourselves, I couldn't possible repeat the intimation here!
"When my agent told me Steven Gerrard is the head coach, I said, OK "no problem" and I was happy to come and join this team".
"Rangers are a good team and I knew the name before Gerrard came in".More news: Novak Djokovic reacts to Wimbledon relegating Roger Federer 1 before shock exit
Capped nine times by Mali, Coulibaly will be part of a cast of players expected to star in Gerrard's first top-flight football managerial test.
"We didn't talk that much about how the team or I would play it was all just Rangers, Rangers, and Rangers".
"I am very happy to be here", he told Rangers TV.
Allan McGregor, Jon Flanagan, Scott Arfield, Jamie Murphy, Connor Goldson, Nikola Katic and Ovie Ejaria all joined earlier in the window.More news: Adam Jones Attacked in Atlanta Airport
"He can help me to develop".
- India’s Iran oil imports fall as USA sanctions fears bite
- Giancarlo Stanton loses out in AL All-Star fan vote
- Kane says England defeat will hurt for a long time
- Nurse arrested over patient deaths 'put cleanser in drips'
- Croatian firefighters go viral after missing historic win for emergency
- British Republicans to show support for Donald Trump UK visit
- Rafael Nadal, Kevin Anderson march into Wimbledon quarter-finals
- Why Trump slammed Germany for gas pipeline deal with Russian Federation
- Eating solid foods earlier promotes better sleep in babies
- Donald Trump claims Germany 'totally controlled' by Russian Federation , airs list of grievances