"Fortnite" has become a cultural phenomenon and mega-hit for video game developer Epic Games, boasting 125 million players around the world.
Season 5 promises to bring in a whole bunch of new features for fans to get stuck into. PUBG was the one to show the way for the other games in the battle royale arena, but Fortnite was quick to catch up and leave PUBG behind, tasting dust.More news: Thailand cave rescue to be turned into Hollywood movie
Epic Games usually complete the new patch update between one and a half to three hours, so fans should expect gameplay to resume by 11am BST (7am ET) this morning.
If the new Battle Pass is anything to go by, players will have ten weeks and 100 new tiers to unlock, packed to the rafters with new skins, gliders, pickaxes, emotes, loading screens, back bling and much more besides!
Epic Games has announced this weekend marks the start of an 8-week series of Fortnite competitions.More news: Leaked promo material reveals new Galaxy Note 9 S Pen
As we mention, we'll find out the answers to a lot of these questions very soon, but the servers need to come offline before we can learn anything - including the new patch notes. Could we see Norse god skins? If you want every unlock for Fortnite Battle Royale Season 5 Battle Pass without having to earn it, you'll be paying nearly $150 (almost Rs. 9,720).More news: 'American Idiot' could top United Kingdom charts in time for Trump visit
- Trump says North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies have agreed to increase defence spending
- Firefighter killed in Wisconsin explosion
- Fulham enter talks with Nice over Jean Michael Seri
- Trump Says U.S. Allies Agree to Raise NATO Defense Spending
- Sonos Adds AirPlay 2 Support to Certain Speaker Models
- Eleven Rescued From Alaska Crash
- Sony Xperia XA2 Plus brings high-res audio to the mid-range
- Bill De Blasio Reportedly Crossed US Border Illegally, CBP Says
- Page's Attorney Slams House Republicans' 'Bullying Tactics'
- Peter Strzok Spins Conspiracy Theory in House Testimony: Investigating Me Helps Putin