DeSpain says the plane, which had taken off from Prince of Wales Island, was bound for Ketchikan.
The channel said 10 people were injured as it hit the side of Mount Jumbo at a height of around 2,000 feet (600 meters), and were all in a stable condition.
"Taquan Air has suspended all scheduled flights today and is cooperating fully with the NTSB, FAA and other authorities to examine every aspect of this event", it continued.More news: 'American Idiot' could top United Kingdom charts in time for Trump visit
All 11 were taken to a staging area and were to be transported from there to Ketchikan. "The aircraft emergency locator transmitter has been activated". The pilot called 911 when the float equipped de Havilland Canada DHC-3T Turbo Otter seaplane crashed, and Alaska State Troopers alerted the Coast Guard about the crash at 8:45 a.m. local time.
Emergency responders assist a passenger injured in a crash of a Taquan Air plane in mountainous terrain on Prince of Wales Island Tuesday. "We don't know specifically what the extent of those injuries are", Clint Johnson, of the National Transportation Safety Board, told the Anchorage Daily News. Alaska State Troopers have identified the plane as a Taquan Air flight.
Authorities say no deaths have been reported after a plane believed to be carrying 11 people crashed in mountainous terrain on Prince of Wales Island in Alaska.More news: Couple having affair die from carbon monoxide poisoning during sex
Johnson said Temsco Helicopters also had a chopper en route to the crash site.
Charly Hengen, public information officer for USCG, said that the pilot said there were no fatalities at the time the crash was called in, but that several injuries were reported. Weather conditions so far reportedly prohibited reaching the site.
Hengen said that two helicopters were at the scene of the beacon, but due to visibility down to roughly a quarter mile, they had not yet located the plane. "We're just working on finding those people".More news: Kerber, Ostapenko reach Wimbledon semis
- Harry Kane says England defeat will hurt for a long time
- Second arrest made in murder of rapper XXXTentacion
- Scientists Capture the Moment an Iceberg Breaks off from a Greenland Glacier
- Chelsea strike gentlemen's agreement with Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri
- ‘Game of Thrones’ leads Emmys field with 22 nominations
- Adult film star Stormy Daniels arrested at OH strip club, attorney says
- Miami man with no arms charged with stabbing Chicago tourist
- Thailand cave rescue to be turned into Hollywood movie
- Giant dinosaur bones get archaeologists rethinking Triassic period
- Multivitamins may not prevent cardiovascular diseases, says study