DeSpain says the plane, which had taken off from Prince of Wales Island, was bound for Ketchikan.
The channel said 10 people were injured as it hit the side of Mount Jumbo at a height of around 2,000 feet (600 meters), and were all in a stable condition.
"Taquan Air has suspended all scheduled flights today and is cooperating fully with the NTSB, FAA and other authorities to examine every aspect of this event", it continued.More news: Senator Graham Slams Democratic Dissent of Kavanaugh
All 11 were taken to a staging area and were to be transported from there to Ketchikan. "The aircraft emergency locator transmitter has been activated". The pilot called 911 when the float equipped de Havilland Canada DHC-3T Turbo Otter seaplane crashed, and Alaska State Troopers alerted the Coast Guard about the crash at 8:45 a.m. local time.
Emergency responders assist a passenger injured in a crash of a Taquan Air plane in mountainous terrain on Prince of Wales Island Tuesday. "We don't know specifically what the extent of those injuries are", Clint Johnson, of the National Transportation Safety Board, told the Anchorage Daily News. Alaska State Troopers have identified the plane as a Taquan Air flight.
Authorities say no deaths have been reported after a plane believed to be carrying 11 people crashed in mountainous terrain on Prince of Wales Island in Alaska.More news: Royal family: Queen and Prince Philip to miss Prince Louis' christening
Johnson said Temsco Helicopters also had a chopper en route to the crash site.
Charly Hengen, public information officer for USCG, said that the pilot said there were no fatalities at the time the crash was called in, but that several injuries were reported. Weather conditions so far reportedly prohibited reaching the site.
Hengen said that two helicopters were at the scene of the beacon, but due to visibility down to roughly a quarter mile, they had not yet located the plane. "We're just working on finding those people".More news: Scientists Capture the Moment an Iceberg Breaks off from a Greenland Glacier
- Thailand cave rescue to be turned into Hollywood movie
- Trump arrives United Kingdom for first State visit
- Second arrest made in murder of rapper XXXTentacion
- The elusive Magic Leap AR headset is powered by Nvidia's Tegra X2
- Multivitamins may not prevent cardiovascular diseases, says study
- Kerber, Ostapenko reach Wimbledon semis
- Guendouzi: Arsenal was an easy decision
- Fulham enter talks with Nice over Jean Michael Seri
- 'American Idiot' could top United Kingdom charts in time for Trump visit
- Miami man with no arms charged with stabbing Chicago tourist