Music fans attended the event expecting to see DJ Khaled who was forced to pull out at from the gig at the last minute.
However, Wireless tweeted again late on Sunday night, after the festival had finished, saying that due to schedule filming his USA reality music competition show "DJ Khaled was not able to commit to perform" at the festival.More news: Instagram Model Katarina Zarutskie Savaged by Shark During Bahamas Vacation
Performances of his big hits God's Plan and Nice For What? went down well with the crowd. He performed "8 Out of 10", "Mob Ties", "Nonstop" and the now viral "In My Feelings", for the first time. Prior to an official announcement, many fans with the skill of spotting basic geographic clues had started to suspect that something was up when he posted vacation shots on social media. According to the post, they had been made aware of the travel issues for months as they attempted to work around his schedule.
Khaled then suggested he was en route to the U.K.by uploading another snap of himself and his fiancee, Nicole Tuck, sharing a champagne toast onboard a private jet.More news: European Space Agency Taps Airbus for Mars Sample Return Mission
Fans took to Twitter to express their joy at seeing Drake on stage, while others were sad to be missing the gig. I also said son lets enjoy our vacation our fans know we coming FAN LUV KNOW HOW WE DO.
DJ Khaled's headline slot at the London festival was thought to be the chart-topping artist's only United Kingdom performance this year. You chose to stay on holiday instead.More news: How tall is Jordan Pickford? England goalkeeper's height in feet revealed
Newsbeat has contacted Roc Nation, the entertainment company that represents DJ Khaled, for comment but they haven't yet responded.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation summit: Trump urges members urged to double defence spending
- Wimbledon 2018 -- Men's quarterfinal matches
- USA woman killed in Mexico City shooting
- Bluster aside, US and China vulnerable to pain from tariffs
- Croatia vs. England, Semifinals
- England - World Cup - 12 July 2018
- Central bank hikes rate, predicts modest overall impact from US tariff fight
- Kepler Spacecraft’s Fuel Tank is Running Very Low
- England nowhere near their potential, says manager Gareth Southgate
- Cardi B has given birth and her child's name is absolutely BONKERS