He went on to allege it was a politically motivated arrest.
An Ohio law prohibits anyone who isn't a family member to touch a nude or semi-nude dancer.
The lawyer, Michael Avenatti, said she would deny the charges.
Upon arrest, Daniels was charged with three counts of "illegally operating sexually oriented business" and knowingly touching a patron, online court records show.
Avenatti said his client was taken into custody while performing at a strip club in Columbus.More news: Political Commentator Continues TV Interview, Unfazed by Cat Jumping on His Head
She was booked and released early Thursday morning on a $6000 bond.
A Columbus police spokeswoman didn't immediately respond to a message seeking comment.
Dailymail.com reached out to Sirens who refused to comment.
The law places a wide range of restrictions, including no naked dancing after midnight, limits on when dancers can touch patrons and which clubs with liquor licenses can continue to stay open despite featuring nude dancing.
"We are highly confident that in the unlikely event that the district attorney proceeds with charges that she will be found not guilty", Avenatti told The Post. But according to a Columbus Dispatch article in Sept, 2017 the law has rarely been used since then.
The article quoted the Franklin County Sheriff's office as saying in the decade since the law was enacted, it had never had "any complaints or reasons to apply" it.More news: Scientists Capture the Moment an Iceberg Breaks off from a Greenland Glacier
The adult film actress, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, was performing on Wednesday night at Sirens club, in the city of Columbus.
Avenatti said it was "ridiculous" that Columbus Police forced Daniels on a perp walk for the cameras at Jackson Pike Correctional Facility and police could instead focus on Columbus's skyrocketing murder rate.
Earlier this week, Daniels performed in Washington minutes before President Donald Trump announced his Supreme Court nomination.
Daniels, 39, filed a lawsuit against Trump and his former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, late previous year, seeking to invalidate a nondisclosure agreement that she says barred her from speaking about the alleged affair.
The lawyer blasted her arrest, claiming she was "set up".
Daniels has been embroiled in a legal controversy with Trump over their alleged 2006 encounter, which he has repeatedly denied.More news: Fortnite Season 5 Is Here With Tonnes of New Content
-Story by Samantha Schmidt for the Washinton Post.
- Oil rallies as IEA warns of output capacity limits
- Taiwan flag emoji crashed iPhones 'to appease China'
- Trump arrives in 'hot spot' Britain, questioning May's Brexit plan
- Trump says Pfizer is rolling back drug ‘price hikes’
- LONDON FALLING: US Embassy Warns Americans of 'VIOLENT' PROTESTS During Trump Visit
- Elon Musk showed at Thai cave rescue despite his 'impractical' sub
- Marcus Rashford's heartfelt message to Gareth Southgate after England World Cup heartbreak
- President Trump declares North Atlantic Treaty Organisation a 'fine-tuned machine' at conclusion of summit
- Trump lashes Germany over Russian Federation deal
- LA woman held for July 4 beating of elderly man