The former Dallas Cowboys cornerback was at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport in Atlanta when he got into a fight with an airport employee. Jones approached Ragin and a verbal altercation ensued. Jones confronted Ragin verbally and things escalated from there.
Cops arrested Ragin on 2 counts of battery - but could NOT immediately take him to the police station to be booked, because he needed to be treated for his injuries.
Ryan Gaydos is an editor for Fox News.More news: England fans mobilize in their thousands for key World Cup clash
Police arrested Ragin for starting the fight, having determined that Jones only fought in self defense, TMZ reports.
Daugherty says that at some point during the fight, Ragin ended up hitting a woman who was with Jones, injuring her hand. The aggressor was arrested on two counts of battery. Jones and his companion declined medical treatment.
That was one of a string of suspensions for off-field behavior, including a ban for the entire 2007 season after repeated run-ins with authorities.More news: Drake Replaces DJ Khaled at Wireless Festival in London
Most recently, Jones pleaded guilty to obstructing police following a January 2017 altercation in downtown Cincinnati.
The former No. 6 overall pick in the 2005 National Football League draft, Jones has been involved in numerous off-field incidents over the course of his career. In 2014, he was named First-team All-Pro and in 2015 he made his only Pro Bowl appearance.More news: Sagan wins Stage 2 in Tour de France, Froome has calmer ride
- Paul Manafort treated like a 'VIP' in prison, court documents show
- Given Facebook's puny fine, it's no surprise Mark Zuckerberg has snubbed MPs
- Trump Announces New Taxes on TVs and Air Conditioners
- Ken Giles has choice words for A.J. Hinch
- Redskins Pick Cornerback Adonis Alexander In 2018 Supplemental Draft
- Husband dies on honeymoon after colliding with wife on zip line
- Giant crocodile captured in Australia to stop it going to town
- Eating solid foods earlier promotes better sleep in babies
- Trump blasts Germany at North Atlantic Treaty Organisation summit over gas pipeline deal with Russian Federation
- Dele Alli: England battle- ready for Croatia