The cut was four-under-par, one shot off the lowest cut line in LPGA history. Find us on Facebook too!
Kim had just one blemish in her four rounds, a second round double bogey that took little shine off a score that included 31 birdies.
India's Aditi Ashok shot her best total of the year but still finished tied 35th at the low-scoring Thornberry Creek LPGA Classic golf tournament here.
Looking at the previous winners of the tournament, the course tends to be easier than other tournaments, as defending champion Katherine Kirk of Australia won with a score of 22 under par in 2017.More news: Boyfriend Of Tragic Love Island Star Sophie Gradon Found Dead
South Korean Amy Yang was Kim's closest pursuer after a 67 for 200. Kim started the first round by shooting nine under par, 63, and a 65 in her second round, even with a double bogey on the par-3 17th.
It's the second time the 25-year-old Kim has matched a Sorenstam scoring record. Sorenstam won by two over Se Ri Pak when she shot her 27 under at Moon Valley at a tournament that no longer exists.
For all the birdies, Kim set the LPGA Tour record with a par on the final hole to finish at 257. Hee Young Park won a playoff after she and Angela Stanford each finished at 258 in the Manulife Classic in Canada in 2013 (par 71), while Karen Stupples shot 258 at the Welch's/Fry's Championship in Arizona in 2004 (par 70).
Kim posted an eight-under 64 on Saturday to get to 24-under and will have an eight-shot lead with 18 holes left on Sunday.
Torres made seven birdies against just one bogey for her 66 on Sunday.More news: Cristiano Ronaldo Leaving Real Madrid and Joining Juventus
"I searched YouTube for how to make [myself] mentally stronger and I really wanted to do something big this week", Kim, who finished nine shots clear of nearest rival Carlota Ciganda, told Golf Channel. But she dropped two shots at the par-five 15th when she hit one ball in the water and another into a hazard.
Brittany Marchand of Orangeville, Ont., was the top Canadian, ending in a tie for seventh at 17 under for her first career top-10 finish.
"I used to watch Annika on television and it was my dream to play on the LPGA with her", she said. Brooke Henderson of Smiths Falls, Ont., closed at 14 under. "I did today, so I'm very happy with another good round".
Kim notched her seventh LPGA victory and her first since the Lorena Ochoa Match Play in Mexico a year ago.More news: 4 more boys brought out of flooded Thailand cave
- Winners and losers of Trump’s decision to halt ObamaCare payments
- Pakistan maintain top position in ICC T20I ranking
- Polar fitness app exposed location of soldiers and government agents
- NATO braces for bruising summit with Donald Trump
- Germany Star's Dad Urges Him To Quit National Team
- Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrive in Ireland on first worldwide trip
- Princess Charlotte, Prince George's hilarious expressions captured during RAF flypast
- George Clooney Rushed to Hospital After Scooter Accident In Italy
- Pogba urges France to avenge Euros defeat
- Manchester City sign Riyad Mahrez from Leicester City in club-record deal