Finch scored 68*, 172, 16, 3 and 47.
Pakistan's win has seen them gain one point and move up to 132 points while Australia have slipped to 122 points from the tally of 126 points before a preceding one-off T20I against England on 27 June.
"I think Fakhar Zaman has been outstanding and a real thorn in our side".
Pakistan batsman Fakhar Zaman in action during the final of the tri-series played between Pakistan and Australia in a T20 tri-series which at the Harare Sports Club, July 8 2018.
It is also Pakistan's first series win against Australia in the past 28 years, the last time Pakistan won Austral-Asia Cup played in Sharjah in 1990.More news: George Clooney Rushed to Hospital After Scooter Accident In Italy
Finch too found some terrific touch in the African nation, taking his worldwide T20 run tally past 400 with his mammoth 172 against Zimbabwe, before coming back to earth with scores of 3 and 16 in Australia's last two games.
Aaron Finch's impressive showing in the Twenty20 global triangular series in Zimbabwe helped him jump four places to No. 1 in the latest ICC T20I rankings, it was announced on Monday (July 9).
No wonder he moved up 44 spots on the table to reach No 2 with 842 points, also the best in his short global career so far.
K L Rahul has jumped nine spots to a career best number three in the latest ICC rankings for T20 batsmen.
"I wanted to finish the game in 18 overs and I know I could have scored the century but I wanted to finish the game early".More news: Fine imposed on Facebook over user privacy - United Kingdom lawmaker
As Finch, Zaman and KL Rahul became the new podium holders, they replaced an injured Babar Azam, Colin Munro and Glenn Maxwell and moved below them. It's a career-best number for him, his first time in the Top 10, with 690 points, also a career high.
Among others ending the England v India series with career-best points were Jason Roy (up 19 spots to No 15 with 641 points) and Jos Buttler (up nine spots to No17 with 614 points), but perhaps the most breathtaking rise has been that of Zimbabwe opener Solomon Mire.
And just to prove that glorious Champions Trophy was not a fluke - if anyone still had a doubt - Zaman came up with an equally fine innings under pressure as he made 91 from 46 balls to help chase down 184 in the T20 tri-series final against Australia. Zimbabwe finished last after losing all four of its games.More news: Pogba urges France to avenge Euros defeat
- Winners and losers of Trump’s decision to halt ObamaCare payments
- Serena Williams into Wimbledon semi-finals with win over Camila Giorgi
- Cristiano Ronaldo Leaving Real Madrid and Joining Juventus
- Indiana Jones 5 Gets New 2021 Release Date
- China's Nobel winner's widow Liu Xia leaves Beijing for Germany
- Boyfriend Of Tragic Love Island Star Sophie Gradon Found Dead
- Polar fitness app exposed location of soldiers and government agents
- Rory McIlroy proving popular draw at Irish Open in Ballyliffin
- Princess Charlotte, Prince George's hilarious expressions captured during RAF flypast
- Samuel Umtiti’s goal helps France edge past Belgium to enter third final