When Karius made two bad mistakes in the Champions League final, supporters were furious and the last month and a half has been a process of trying to forgive the German even if forgetting is not an option.
Oliver Norwood fired a free-kick at the Liverpool goal, straight at the German goalkeeper.
Klopp said Karius "could" have saved the shot, but that it was "not easy to deal with". "That's the situation - 3-2, nobody injured and everybody had 45 minutes intensity, that's what we wanted".More news: First PGA Tour stop in Detroit is full-go for June 2019
That was too much for one Liverpool fan in the Tranmere side to take.
Ben Tollitt, who appears to be a Liverpool supporter, could be seen mouthing an insult at Karius after he dropped the clanger.
On the day of the final, he added: 'Today is the day!
Karius, though, is the man in the spotlight, and given the high-profile nature of his errors in Kiev, that will remain the case for some time yet - something Klopp is well aware of.More news: Todd Phillips’ ‘Joker’ Movie Heading Into Production This Fall With Joaquin Phoenix
Nobody likes that goal but if we talk about the second goal I think it was Millie's (James Milner's) fault together with (Pedro) Chirivella.
"Two brilliant footballers make this mistake, which one was the bigger?"
While senior figures like Daniel Sturridge and Divock Origi have to convince Klopp that they are better value than pursuing a forward in the transfer market.
'You [the media] can all stop that immediately. Our job is to perform and you do what you do and that is part of the deal.More news: Facebook BROKE LAW in personal data controversy, says watchdog
- Officer off beat after dispute over Puerto Rican shirt
- George Clooney Rushed to Hospital After Scooter Accident In Italy
- Americans in United Kingdom warned to keep 'low profile' during Trump visit
- Harold Varner III tied for lead at the Greenbriar
- Gareth Southgate says England face toughest World Cup test against Croatia
- Rafa Benitez gives his verdict on England's World Cup hopes
- Victorian listeria death linked to strain in recalled veges
- Raheem Sterling thanks England fans after reaching 'dream' World Cup semi-final
- Iranian minister: Donald Trump’s order to OPEC ‘insulting’
- 'World's Ugliest Dog' Zsa Zsa from Minnesota passes away