"Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can't wait to bring him back to the screen", said Disney chairman Alan Horn in a statement when the project was first announced in 2016.More news: Buffon ready to fight for PSG place but not targeting Champions League
It's a little surprising that the movie managed to secure a new release date so quickly, since from sounds of the news, the movie needed time to be retooled by the new writer. Steven Spielberg is directing and Harrison Ford is set to star.
Aside from pushing back Indiana Jones 5 to a date that could see its star, Harrison Ford, dead by then (he'll be 78), Disney also announced that Jungle Cruise will bring Dwayne Johnson back into theaters on October 11, 2019, while Angelina Jolie's Maleficent 2 will sequel into theaters on May 29, 2020. The delays reportedly came from key members of the production not being satisfied with the script from original screenwriter David Koepp (Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull).More news: Gazza's message for Southgate and his England squad
Spielberg also has a number of films in front of "Indiana Jones", including a remake of "West Side Story".
Indiana Jones 5 was originally going to be released on July, 10, 2019, but the script is now being rewritten by Jonathan Kasdan. Your mileage may vary, but we've yet to be convinced. "Throw me the idol - I'll throw out my hip", right?More news: President Trump announces Supreme Court pick
We'll update this with more information as it becomes available.
- Belgium Team vs France, Predicted XI
- Croatia star shouts home town's massive Cup bar tab
- France's Kylian Mbappe deserves Ballon d'Or Eden Hazard
- Turkey Purges Over 18,000 Personnel in Police, Military and Public Service
- World Cup puts a different spotlight on immigration for European teams
- BMC beats Sky to capture team time trial
- Belgium star Hazard: I used to support France growing up
- Phase two of cave rescue underway, says mission chief
- Buffon: Why Ronaldo To Juventus Makes Me Happy
- No Idea When All Cave Boys Will be Rescued, Prayuth Says