With Joachim Löw set to stay in charge despite Germany's group stage exit in Russia, Grindel said Özil's global future will be in the coach's hands.
During the week, Germany's team boss, Oliver Bierhoff sparked a new round of outcry over a statement suggesting Ozil, who has Turkish roots, should have been dropped after his failure to publicly clear the air on his meeting with Erdogan.More news: Fine imposed on Facebook over user privacy - United Kingdom lawmaker
"He has to make a decision, but in his place I would have a career in Germany!" - quoted father Ozil Yahoo with a link to German online Bild.
"But (the) fact is that Mesut, for obvious and specific reasons, could not have said what was demanded from him".
Özil scored in Germany's pre-tournament friendly against Austria but was booed by fans in the 2-1 defeat, along with Ilkay Gundogan.
"[Ozil] no longer wants to explain himself, he no longer wants to have to defend himself all the time. He has contributed a lot for this country", he said.More news: Princess Charlotte, Prince George's hilarious expressions captured during RAF flypast
Things got little better for Ozil once in Russian Federation, with Germany suffering defeats to Mexico and South Korea to consign them to a stunning early exit from the competition. "I can understand if he feels insulted", he said.
Bierhoff says Ozil's silence was an issue "especially as we did not present ourselves as a team - the energy that always made us strong was not there".
"He needs to decide for himself". His ineffective performances in the first two group matches of Germany saw him benched in the final group game, which eventually turned out to be their last match in the ongoing world cup. He's played in the national team for nine years moreover, became a world champion. "But that's just my very personal opinion", he said. In Mesut's place, I would step down.More news: Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrive in Ireland on first worldwide trip
- Rory McIlroy proving popular draw at Irish Open in Ballyliffin
- Novichok vodka stunt on the rocks
- ANP leader Haroon Bilour among 20 martyred in Peshawar blast
- Serena Williams into Wimbledon semi-finals with win over Camila Giorgi
- Trump To Name His Second Supreme Court Pick
- France progress to World Cup final with 1-0 win over Belgium
- Thailand football team won't attend World Cup final
- George Clooney Rushed to Hospital After Scooter Accident In Italy
- Cristiano Ronaldo Leaving Real Madrid and Joining Juventus
- Facebook BROKE LAW in personal data controversy, says watchdog