The driver of the vehicle and other witnesses rushed to George's aid and he was taken to the emergency room at John Paul II hospital.
Mannoni said police are looking into the causes of the accident.
It comes after Clooney was pictured stepping off a private jet in Sardinia with wife Amal, 40, and infant twins, Alexander and Ella, last month. He was reportedly on the way to set when the crash occurred. Clooney left the hospital about two hours after the incident. "He is recovering at home and will be fine".More news: Boyfriend Of Tragic Love Island Star Sophie Gradon Found Dead
George's reps told Metro.co.uk: 'George Clooney was treated and released from an Olbia hospital.
A fire extinguisher can be seen on the road but no people from the accident were involved.More news: Eden Hazard Discusses Real Madrid Amid Chelsea Exit Rumours
Wife Amal, 40, came to collect him and the couple left in a chauffeur-driven vehicle.
The 57-year-old actor was transported by ambulance to a local hospital, where he was treated for bruising on his leg, arm, and pelvis, TMZ reports. The photo showed the car's windscreen smashed. It's unclear when George will return to filming.
Actor and director George Clooney was injured in a motorcycle accident in Italy.More news: Turkey Purges Over 18,000 Personnel in Police, Military and Public Service
Italy holds a special place in the couple's hearts - earlier this year it was revealed they first crossed paths in Lake Como, where George owns a summer home. Clooney suffered a broken rib and scrapes, while Larson broke her foot.
- Novichok vodka stunt on the rocks
- Buffon: Why Ronaldo To Juventus Makes Me Happy
- Manchester City sign Riyad Mahrez from Leicester City in club-record deal
- President Trump announces Supreme Court pick
- Rory McIlroy proving popular draw at Irish Open in Ballyliffin
- Thailand football team won't attend World Cup final
- Fine imposed on Facebook over user privacy - United Kingdom lawmaker
- France's Kylian Mbappe deserves Ballon d'Or Eden Hazard
- Hurricane Chris forms in Atlantic Ocean
- UK prime minister fights to stop Cabinet exodus over Brexit