The driver of the vehicle and other witnesses rushed to George's aid and he was taken to the emergency room at John Paul II hospital.
Mannoni said police are looking into the causes of the accident.
It comes after Clooney was pictured stepping off a private jet in Sardinia with wife Amal, 40, and infant twins, Alexander and Ella, last month. He was reportedly on the way to set when the crash occurred. Clooney left the hospital about two hours after the incident. "He is recovering at home and will be fine".More news: Hurricane Chris forms in Atlantic Ocean
George's reps told Metro.co.uk: 'George Clooney was treated and released from an Olbia hospital.
A fire extinguisher can be seen on the road but no people from the accident were involved.More news: ANP leader Haroon Bilour among 20 martyred in Peshawar blast
Wife Amal, 40, came to collect him and the couple left in a chauffeur-driven vehicle.
The 57-year-old actor was transported by ambulance to a local hospital, where he was treated for bruising on his leg, arm, and pelvis, TMZ reports. The photo showed the car's windscreen smashed. It's unclear when George will return to filming.
Actor and director George Clooney was injured in a motorcycle accident in Italy.More news: China's Nobel winner's widow Liu Xia leaves Beijing for Germany
Italy holds a special place in the couple's hearts - earlier this year it was revealed they first crossed paths in Lake Como, where George owns a summer home. Clooney suffered a broken rib and scrapes, while Larson broke her foot.
- President Trump announces Supreme Court pick
- Turkey Purges Over 18,000 Personnel in Police, Military and Public Service
- France progress to World Cup final with 1-0 win over Belgium
- Winners and losers of Trump’s decision to halt ObamaCare payments
- Serena Williams into Wimbledon semi-finals with win over Camila Giorgi
- Eden Hazard Discusses Real Madrid Amid Chelsea Exit Rumours
- Fine imposed on Facebook over user privacy - United Kingdom lawmaker
- Boyfriend Of Tragic Love Island Star Sophie Gradon Found Dead
- Manchester City sign Riyad Mahrez from Leicester City in club-record deal
- Polar fitness app exposed location of soldiers and government agents