"The way we've been received here has been fantastic", Southgate said at a pre-match press conference at Luzhniki Stadium.More news: Victorian listeria death linked to strain in recalled veges
England's progress in Russian Federation has revived the Three Lions anthem - which includes the line "football's coming home".
He said: "I think it's our year this time". There's no out and out stars and everybody just looks at them as young lads, making their way out, they've not got above their station.
"It was the book which never was but it's incredible to think that we're here now and he's taken England to the semi-finals".More news: Officer off beat after dispute over Puerto Rican shirt
Footie fans rally behind Gareth Southgate ahead of England v Croatia semi-final with Waistcoat Wednesday. England went to extra time and penalties in its first knockout stage match but not in its second and should be a bit more fresh. "Now I want to go and see what's going on in Russian Federation", said one fan, Michael Roberts, 27, as he waited for his flight.
He said: "We thought we'd do well because you've got all the youngsters in now, you know there's no superstars where they just walk about, "I can do what I like". England has been craving a top title since it won the World Cup in 1966 and has a tremendous, unforseen opportunity ahead, with the weight of its country on its shoulders.
Kane won't be short of motivation when England play Croatia, but Lovren's social media activity could have fuelled his fire.More news: Iranian minister: Donald Trump’s order to OPEC ‘insulting’
England manager Gareth Southgate admits it has been too painful to listen to Three Lions, the David Baddiel and Frank Skinner song which has become the national team's anthem, in two decades, but that success in this World Cup has meant he can finally stand it again.
- Todd Phillips’ ‘Joker’ Movie Heading Into Production This Fall With Joaquin Phoenix
- England handed boost as Croatia rule out Vrsaljko
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 revealed in first leaked render
- Liverpool close to securing Xherdan Shaqiri transfer
- Chelsea Tender Improved €70m Bid For Alisson
- Harry and Meghan due in Dublin for two-day visit
- European Space Agency Taps Airbus for Mars Sample Return Mission
- First PGA Tour stop in Detroit is full-go for June 2019
- Kepler Spacecraft’s Fuel Tank is Running Very Low
- Russell Knox uses incredible clutch putting to win Irish Open in playoff