"Real Madrid would like to communicate that we have listened to the wish and request expressed by player Cristiano Ronaldo and have agreed to his transfer to Juventus FC", the Champions League holders said in a statement.
Ronaldo penned an open letter to Madrid fans this evening, in which he described his laurel-laden time at Madrid as "possibly the happiest of my life".
Ronaldo "will always be one of the great symbols for Real and a unique reference for the next generations: Real will always be his home".
"I can only give enormous thanks to this club, these fans and this city".More news: Trump has chosen his Supreme Court nominee, source says
The Club expressed their gratitude and said he had showed to be the world's best player and "marked one of the brightest times in the history of our club and world football".
Ronaldo scored a remarkable 450 goals in 438 appearances for Madrid in all competitions, winning four Champions Leagues and four La Liga titles in nine seasons with the Spanish giants.
In a stunning move that first emerged as a possibility just a week ago and immediately sent shockwaves through soccer, the Portuguese forward committed his immediate future to Juve, victor of the past seven Italian league titles. On an individual basis, with the Real Madrid jersey he has won 4 Golden Balls, 2 The Best FIFA awards, and 3 Golden Boots, among many other awards.
Kylian Mbappe, Eden Hazard and Neymar have all been touted as Ronaldo's potential replacement.More news: No Idea When All Cave Boys Will be Rescued, Prayuth Says
Juventus president Andrea Agnelli was at Ronaldo's hotel in Greece on Tuesday as discussions continued over the move. They believe he is the difference and the player who could achieve the Champions League with Juventus for the first time in 23 years.
But he hinted his time at the Santiago Bernabeu could be up immediately after the last Champions League success and Juventus captured his signature.
The Portuguese soccer star is moving from Spain's Real Madrid to Italy's Juventus, whose primary sponsor is Jeep.
Among Ronaldo's goals against Juve last season was a spectacular overhead kick in the first leg which even drew cheers from the Bianconeri faithful. They will hope that bringing a player who has lifted the trophy an unprecedented five times will heighten their chances of finally conquering Europe, and at the soonest.More news: Croatia star shouts home town's massive Cup bar tab
17 - his record goal tally for a Champions League season, in 2013-14.
- Trump Pardons 2 Ranchers in Case That Inspired Wildlife Refuge Occupation
- Dissident Liu Xiaobo's widow 'allowed to leave China'
- BMC beats Sky to capture team time trial
- Thai Navy SEALs Successfully Rescue 12 Youth Soccer Players From Flooded Cave
- World Cup puts a different spotlight on immigration for European teams
- Green Day's 'American Idiot' climbs United Kingdom charts ahead of Trump visit
- Trump to be greeted with 'Trump baby' blimp in London
- What to Expect in Supreme Court Confirmation Battle
- Kylie Jenner has had her lip fillers removed
- Chelsea transfer deal on verge of completion, player agrees personal terms