After 17 years at Arsenal, the 26-year-old has moved on and joined West Ham.
"I've got good memories of my childhood supporting West Ham, watching them at Upton Park", Wilshere told the club's official website.More news: Boris Johnson Quits U.K. Government in Blow to Brexit, Theresa May
"I'm pleased he's staying in the country and I think West Ham's a good fit for him".
Hammers director of football Husillos said of the deal: "Manuel and I identified him as a target as soon as we joined the club and we are delighted to have succeeded in securing Jack's signature above a number of other teams". "The manager being one and the way he wants to play and where he sees me playing". He's got to be ready for the challenge because the West Ham fans, if things aren't going well they can be pretty ferocious as we've seen this year.
West Ham had hoped to sign Anderson for around £35 million but have had to increase their offer.
Signing the former Gunner, who has enjoyed loan spells at Bolton and Bournemouth, means acquiring a player laced with Premier League experience.More news: Manchester United host Leicester in Premier League season opener - Ireland
"He is a passionate man and has shown winning characteristics throughout his career".
Wilshere's leadership skills have been recognised by some of football's biggest characters, as the England global wore the armband many times for Arsenal during his tenure there.
The midfielder missed out on making the England squad for this summer's World Cup, but he will be looking to hit the ground running at the start of a new chapter.More news: George Clooney reportedly hurt in motorcycle crash in Italy
- Carmelo Anthony to Rockets? Juicy Summer League sighting blows race wide open
- Pixel 2 XL, Home, & Chromecast, including $150 off Home Max pair
- How have Three Lions reached the semi finals?
- Microsoft's Entry Level Tablet Arrives in August for $399 — Surface Go
- Salman Khan calls Katrina Kaif 'baby' during an interview
- Mother is sole survivor of crash that killed husband, 4 daughters
- Trump Nominates Kavanaugh to Supreme Court
- George Clooney reported hurt in motorcycle crash in Italy
- Kate Middleton and Archbishop of Canterbury joke about sleeping Louis
- It’s official: Lakers announce LeBron James has signed