European activists have received the mayor's approval to move forward with a plan to fly a almost 20-foot balloon depicting President Donald Trump as a baby over London during the president's upcoming visit to Britain.
More than 10,000 people had signed a petition calling for the inflatable to be given permission to fly and campaigners raised over 16,000 pounds to pay for the giant balloon, which they said reflects the US President's character as an "angry baby with a fragile ego and tiny hands".
Murray has also raised over $22,000 through a crowdfunding campaign that was originally intentioned to "hire a barge to guarantee that Trump Baby will fly, even if the authorities refuse to let us fly him from Parliament Square Gardens".
Liu Murray, who had the idea for the huge balloon, said: "Donald Trump seems to be mournful when he gets mad".More news: West Ham signs Wilshere from Arsenal
Its flight coincides with a "Stop Trump" march in central London.
Last year, our Tweeter-in-Chief's first course of action following the terror attacks in London that killed seven and injured 48 was to go after the mayor of that city.
Protesters still need permission from Metropolitan Police and National Air Traffic to let the almost 20-foot-tall balloon fly.
The six metre long blimp depicts Trump as a nappy-clad orange baby with an open mouth and an angry expression.
However, he said City Hall had "rediscovered its sense of humour - Trump Baby will fly".More news: YouTube spends $25 million to fight fake news
Speaking to Sky News, the activists behind Trump Baby explained the project's rocky start.
The presence of the balloon may acerbate tensions between Khan and Trump, who have been embroiled in several Twitter spats.
The organizers continued on, "BUT people have been SO generous and supportive that we now have WAY more money than we can sensibly spend just on Trump's United Kingdom visit in July!"
According to Vox, massive demonstrations are planned for Trump's July 13 visit.More news: Dissident Liu Xiaobo's widow 'allowed to leave China'
The diaper-clad "Trump Baby" stands almost 20 feet high, sports the president's signature blond hair, and holds a cellphone in his very small hands.
- Nebraska groups react to Pruitt's resignation
- Prince Louis christening: Queen and Duke of Edinburgh to miss event
- Suspects Pummel 92-Year-Old Man with Brick in Southern Los Angeles
- Trump's Latest Affordable Care Act Move Adds to Insurers' Uncertainty
- French report: Cockpit fire likely caused EgyptAir crash
- OnePlus 6 256GB Midnight Black now available in India
- Manchester United sign American youngster Will Vint
- George Clooney injured in bike crash
- Pick your England XI for Croatia semi-final
- Gonzalo Higuain's agent confirms forward is not in talks to leave Juventus